A bet between friends: Reticles for hip firing.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Realistically, firing from the hip shouldn't even be a thing. You can fire from the shoulder without looking down sights, but no one carries a weapon "at the hip" in any sort of combat situation. The entire concept is an idiotic idea popularized by the media, and I would be very disappointed if firing at the hip made it into star citizen in any form. It's incredibly impractical and liable to get you killed. If you have a rifle, you fire from the shoulder. Whether you look down sights or not is up to you.

I would hope ballistics would be similar to ArmA, where the shot travels directly from the barrel. It should not simply spawn in the center of the screen and then be subjected to a random dispersion like SOME other games out there. A small reticle while not looking down sights would be useful, and a pretty good idea tbh. You can be fairly accurate firing from the shoulder while not looking down sights due to your brains ability to compensate. In a video game, you can't do that naturally. You aren't physically present touching the weapon, and your view is slightly skewed.

Reactions: CrashMan054

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Realistically, firing from the hip shouldn't even be a thing. You can fire from the shoulder without looking down sights, but no one carries a weapon "at the hip" in any sort of combat situation. The entire concept is an idiotic idea popularized by the media, and I would be very disappointed if firing at the hip made it into star citizen in any form. It's incredibly impractical and liable to get you killed. If you have a rifle, you fire from the shoulder. Whether you look down sights or not is up to you.

I would hope ballistics would be similar to ArmA, where the shot travels directly from the barrel. It should not simply spawn in the center of the screen and then be subjected to a random dispersion like SOME other games out there. A small reticle while not looking down sights would be useful, and a pretty good idea tbh. You can be fairly accurate firing from the shoulder while not looking down sights due to your brains ability to compensate. In a video game, you can't do that naturally. You aren't physically present touching the weapon, and your view is slightly skewed.
Thank you. Someone gets it.

Forgot your password?