A bug that led to some nice screenshots :)

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All 🍻

While everyone is busy testing the PTU, I was enjoying an empty server, when this bug happened. I've landed at the middle of the nowhere flying Anvil Hawk, and when exiting ship, instead of lowering the pilot seat to the ground it pushed the chair upwards. After that, I was no longer able to enter the ship again. So, took some cool screenshots confirming the bug has been TESTed 🍻

Check that look on the avatar's face 🤣

ScreenShot2355.jpg

ScreenShot2343.jpg

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Oh I gotta try that out ha ha... 🍻

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I somehow missed the Hawk was flying. So have you used the EMP on it? What do you think of it?
Ah if it's not landed you go eva yeah ha ha ha ha... then you would end up on top of it :P

I love the Hawk not yet got emp in it but doubt it take it worse than other ship does :D

Reactions: Vavrik

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
I somehow missed the Hawk was flying. So have you used the EMP on it? What do you think of it?
I've only used the EMP on it in PvE Bounty Hunting missions. Basically you would use the ship as it's name suggests - boom zoom tactics, like a real hawk hunts. The 6 guns and EMP draw a lot of power, almost 90% from memory. So, it's best to charge up the EMP (takes a bit of time) while outside of the target's range. Then you would apply full thrust and afterburners to get close to your target, - the Hawk reaches top speed and catches up with the target very quickly. Then use EMP in around 400 meters range of the target (from memory the range is 450 meters, but it's easy to miss 50 meters at those speeds). The enemy ship's shields and power go down and they are essentially stunned for a considerable time. Haven't timed it, but feels like 10 - 20 seconds, depending on the ship. Then you can turn off the EMP to get more power to your guns to finish the target quickly, or charge up the EMP again, in case the target restarts their ship, to knock them down again. The distortion cannons / suckerpunches keep disrupting the enemy systems, so, basically if you knocked the enemy down with EMP initially, then it is quite unlikely they will restart if you fire continuously. The 4 main cannons bring down the target easily enough. Also, if the target is large and with strong shields, it's better to first wear them down a bit using the ship's very high agility, which will most often be higher then of the target. When you deliver a few hits with all 6 guns, then use the EMP to knock the target down.

If you miss the EMP, e.g. use it out of range and the enemy is not knocked down, then get out of there. Full throttle plus afterburners (and small ship profile) and it will very difficult to catch up with you or hit you. This is because you won't be able to generate enough power to fight the enemy effectively. Once the EMP goes off, your shields are temporarily turned off, then re-activated with 50% strength. At this point you don't have enough power output and your power indicators go red. You may want to micro-manage the power, like turn off weapons, increase power to shields but keep enough power to engines, maybe overdrive the reactor. However, at the same time you will need to fight the enemy, so unlikely you will come on top of it. Using something like VoiceAttack helps a lot, when you give micro-manage commands while focusing on the fight, but the ship does not appear to be designed to fight with a strong target, if you miss the EMP.

In terms of what it can take down. Anything up to a Hornet - with just a single EMP blast. Then you just need to use the guns to finish them off, and they almost never recover. The weaker the target the longer they recover, e.g. something like an Aurora or Mustang may stay knocked out for long, while a Hornet would recover a bit quicker, but still after about 10 seconds from how it feels. A Constellation gets its shields depleted by 50% from a single EMP, but doesn't go down. So, you will need to deplete it's shields first using the Hawk's advantage in agility. Can't say how many hits you need to do, but do a few, then do EMP, and you knock down a Connie. However, a Constellation type target recovers from the EMP quicker than small ships, so something to keep in mind. I think the Hawk isn't designed to take on medium size ships anyway. It is however possible, especially if you have multiple ships, e.g. several Hawks, or a combination of a Hawk + something else. But you will likely need to remind your friendly ships to stay out of the EMP range.

I haven't used a Hawk's EMP on another Hawk, to test if it has some EMP protection on it. I would assume that the EMP protection is in the form of powering down the ship momentarily, then restarting it after the EMP blast, so if an EMP is used on a Hawk by another Hawk, I would assume it gets knocked out the same way as other small ships, since the ship systems will be running at the time they are hit by the EMP.

🍻

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
In terms of what it can take down. Anything up to a Hornet - with just a single EMP blast. Then you just need to use the guns to finish them off, and they almost never recover. The weaker the target the longer they recover, e.g. something like an Aurora or Mustang may stay knocked out for long, while a Hornet would recover a bit quicker, but still after about 10 seconds from how it feels. A Constellation gets its shields depleted by 50% from a single EMP, but doesn't go down. So, you will need to deplete it's shields first using the Hawk's advantage in agility. Can't say how many hits you need to do, but do a few, then do EMP, and you knock down a Connie. However, a Constellation type target recovers from the EMP quicker than small ships, so something to keep in mind. I think the Hawk isn't designed to take on medium size ships anyway. It is however possible, especially if you have multiple ships, e.g. several Hawks, or a combination of a Hawk + something else. But you will likely need to remind your friendly ships to stay out of the EMP range.
And this is why you don't really want to fly a Connie or other ships with similar size like it was a fighter. you're a floating stationary target in comparison.

Forgot your password?