A case of the Mondays

GlassCloud

Vice Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
GlassCloud
How's everyones Monday going? Sadly it's going to be a long day for me. I'm nervous about tomorrow, I have a final interview tomorrow that will hopefully end with a hand shake and a job offer so keep your fingers crossed and send some happy drunken thoughts my way.

Is everyone pumped after GamesCon? Seeing some things being realized has got me pretty damn hyped up. The news on the the social module coming "soon" and hopefully the FPS module still on track I can start to pour some time into SC. Arena Commander hasn't held my attention too well lately so hopefully this will do the trick.

The retaliator has got me so pumped! I so badly wanted a Carrack but being a full time college student working retail my budget has been tight. But with the tali base and modules I was able to get the base, front living quarters and rear cargo. Bam I've got a sexy looking exploration ship to explore the universe in. So with that being said if you guys need a ship to explore in and want to make some friends. Send a message my way and we'll get a little team together.

What're you guys most excited for? What'd you pick up over the weekend?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I picked up work on the Weekend. 2 weeks with 1 day off, ugh. But at least I got some sweet ass overtime.

Gamescon demo was fantastic, even if my favorite ship (Cutlass) did jack all and got instagibbed.

Best of luck on your interview GlasOx!

GlassCloud

Vice Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
GlassCloud
Ah that's rough, in the past two months I've been promoted and the hours bumped up from 35 to 55 and this is my first position like this. It's not a job I really wanted in the first place so it's been hard to stay motivated. But I do have a job and it's paying the bills and it's allowing me to help my girlfriend out with some stuff as well. This interview is in my field so that's exciting. I did just apply to a dream scenario job. Hopefully something comes of that.

Haha! I'm so torn I lovvvve the cutlass, but I traded in a blue for the tali. I still have an avenger though that I'm thinking of ccuing for a black and hopefully the blue upgrade goes on sale again for the anniversary sale. I love the idea of playing a space cop haha

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I know how you feel @AntiSqueaker . That was the most painfull thing of the whole demo to watch. Also it took me, like, 4 hours to finally melt my Red so I could get the Tali, with the modules. I will "hopefully" be able to squeeze one in for Tax season.

Reactions: GlassCloud

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Good luck on the job! I was supposed to attend a required class for work today. I'd been waitlisted, but there were absences, so I was told I'd got in. I was in the classroom logging in to the computer and then the freakin' late-ass RUDE person shows up and I have to leave.

Joke's on them, I'm sitting in my underwear eating pizza now. Still, pain in the butt.

Reactions: honcho12

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Ah that's rough, in the past two months I've been promoted and the hours bumped up from 35 to 55 and this is my first position like this. It's not a job I really wanted in the first place so it's been hard to stay motivated. But I do have a job and it's paying the bills and it's allowing me to help my girlfriend out with some stuff as well. This interview is in my field so that's exciting. I did just apply to a dream scenario job. Hopefully something comes of that.

Haha! I'm so torn I lovvvve the cutlass, but I traded in a blue for the tali. I still have an avenger though that I'm thinking of ccuing for a black and hopefully the blue upgrade goes on sale again for the anniversary sale. I love the idea of playing a space cop haha

That sounds good man, while you are working a job now that you don't like, when you land the job you do want you will appreciate it more.

good luck !

GlassCloud

Vice Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
GlassCloud
Yeah that's how I'm looking at it. This job has given me some ok management experience for a resume I guess. Will definitely appreciate this job if I get it. Pretty confident I will, still pretty anxious though. After that this next job though the experience I get will qualify me for the big boy jobs. Slow and steady wins the race I guess

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I picked up work on the Weekend. 2 weeks with 1 day off, ugh. But at least I got some sweet ass overtime.

Gamescon demo was fantastic, even if my favorite ship (Cutlass) did jack all and got instagibbed.

Best of luck on your interview GlasOx!
Yeah the Demo was..very impressive. It's more impressive then it was when we saw last years Demo of them flying in the Murray cup race

GlassCloud

Vice Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
GlassCloud
Don't laugh... Or laugh it's ok haha

It's for the operations job at Geek Squad. I've probably put in pretty close to 100 apps since the beginning of the year for various IT positions/Help desk and the only offers I've gotten have been over an hours drive away, less than 11 dollars an hour and are unwilling to hire someone that doesn't have open availability (finishing up a networking degree). Yeah it's entry level, and people don't have the greatest outlook on them. But in around a years time I'll have a degree and experience in the field.

Thank you man, it's much appreciated

Reactions: Dalarast

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Congrats, this calls for a beer! You've got the new job, you're buying!

Forgot your password?