GeneticPredator

Space Marshal
Jan 13, 2016
RSI Handle
GeneticPredator
A Dark Echo

Part 9

By GeneticPredator

"Mike! Get your ass in here! It's time for dinner!" I looked up and saw my older brother waving at me from the front door of our house. "Are you sleeping again? Get in here maggot - ha ha."

I looked around and saw the house we grew up in and all the wide fields of corn. The sun was shining, it was a beautiful day. Great! I had fallen asleep under my favorite tree, again.

I looked up and saw the treehouse my father had build for us. I got up and started walking towards the house. As I got inside I saw my mother and father sitting at the table eating. My brother was putting food on his plate, he turned and looked at me and smiled.

"About time you woke up, brother."

"Yeah."

"You need to learn how to drink coffee boy, so you can stay awake. Ha ha." My older brother was kind of a bully, but deep inside he was a loving brother. My father looked up and said, "Chad he's only 13 years old... A little early for coffee don't you think?

"Mike you look like you've seen a ghost? What's wrong?

"I had the strangest dream... I was a fighter pilot... Fighting aliens... I think I died..."

My brother replied. "Wow not so good a pilot then? Ha ha."

I looked at him with a angry face. "Boys that's enough!" My father said. "Today is the big day!" He continued. "Today my son becomes a man!

My Brother Chad was shipping out to the UEE Star Marine academy. He was to become a soldier. My brother looked at me and said, "Come join me when your old enough, brother."

"Nah I'd rather be a pilot...

"Yeah we just heard how that's gonna end! Ha ha."

My father looked at Chad with severe eyes. Suddenly I saw a flashing light outside the window. That was strange...

I looked at mom and dad and said, "I'm sorry I'm not hungry."

My mother looked at me and said, "but it's your favorite food...

I got up from the chair and walked outside. I had to find out what that flash was. As I stepped out the front door, I saw the sun shining and our two moons in the sky. The sky was blue, almost no wind and no clouds. I took a deep breath and smelled the newly cut grass. I looked at the sun, thinking about the dream I had... It was so real!

Suddenly it got cold. The sky morphed from clear blue to very dark purple.

I froze, the adrenaline started to fill up my veins. I just stood there, with all my muscles cramping.
All I got out of my mouth was, "What the hell?"

Suddenly the sun started flashing, and then the moons. They flashed faster and faster, until the whole sky was flashing very fast!

I started feeling dizzy, soon after all my muscles gave up, and I fell to the ground and passed out. It all went dark!

The darkness slowly turned to a blurry gray. I started hearing voices...

To be continued...

Forgot your password?