A look at the new heavy tractor beam gun

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000

the weight factor is the most impressive part of this. it doesn't just work in a black-and-white way where there's a limit to what you can lift with it, as instead, the weight of the object influences [how well] you can lift it with this new tractor beam AKA gravity gun.

thoughts?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great stuff. I want to see what happens if you grab a person and slam them into the side of a cage, etc.

Has anyone spotted the S3 ship mounted tractor? I read in another group yesterday that the tractor is missing off the nose of the 315P.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Space tugs FTW! Though, in all seriousness, I'm hoping that CIG will add 1 bit of functionality to the new dedicated hand held tractor beam gun. What I mean is that when we initially got the tractor beam for the multi-tool, it allowed us to use it like a grappling hook system while in zero G. I'm hoping that given the size & power of this new version, CIG will allow us to use it in a similar manner to let us access more areas as individual players by locking on to a ceiling or wall & then pull ourselves to that point. Almost like a reversal function that moves us as the cargo to or away from the anchor point. I hope that this makes sense & that CIG will like the idea. It would definitely open up a lot of various game play possibilities.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I'm hoping that given the size & power of this new version, CIG will allow us to use it in a similar manner to let us access more areas as individual players by locking on to a ceiling or wall & then pull ourselves to that point.
space spiderman?
spidermen?
man men man men?

space spidermen?

I reckon we'd need a harness so that the gun won't yoink itself out of our hands tho.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yes, I was wondering about that too. The tests they did indicate the rocks that can be towed are much smaller than you’d guess, but they probably mass out similar to ships.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?