A true SC trailer

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
Guys I shit on trailers alllllll the time.

Not because im TRYING to be mean but because there are so many low quality random trailers tossed out there plastered with org logos and that just don't show SC the way it should be. But this is a true exception, a golden example of what I think makes a great SC trailer.

Balanced music, frames that match the tone, nothing but in game shots, peak and valleys of escalation, and all while showing the beauty of the game. My favorite part.. its short and sweet. No long drawn out video, just a quick taste that leaves you wanting more, like a good trailer should.

I hope you enjoy it as much I did.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaMF6ujw3Rk

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
I'm with you. People is flipping his shit with this video on /r/starcitizen, but I find it pretty bland.

Do someone remember that video with the image split in four vertical bars showing all the planets and biomes at once? Can't find it right now. Was it from Trieye on last year maybe?
While that trailer was also superb, I dont feel it captured the whole experience of star citizen. This video shows many different aspects of SC, from racing ships, to ground comat, to space combat, exploration.. etc

But more importantly every scene and every frame is meticulously chosen to show the best of how SC can look. Too often I will watch a trailer and there are parts that make SC look.. ugly.. even though its one of the most gorgeous high graphics high fidelity games there is.

I appreciate this trailer because the creator obviously went through hours of in game capture to find the best of the best that also matched the tone and pacing of the music.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Gr33nh0use

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gr33nh0use
I thought it was fantastic!

• o7

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
While that trailer was also superb, I dont feel it captured the whole experience of star citizen. This video shows many different aspects of SC, from racing ships, to ground comat, to space combat, exploration.. etc

But more importantly every scene and every frame is meticulously chosen to show the best of how SC can look. Too often I will watch a trailer and there are parts that make SC look.. ugly.. even though its one of the most gorgeous high graphics high fidelity games there is.

I appreciate this trailer because the creator obviously went through hours of in game capture to find the best of the best that also matched the tone and pacing of the music.
nothing will capture the "WHOLE" experience because we dont have the whole game

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...I appreciate this trailer because the creator obviously went through hours of in game capture to find the best of the best that also matched the tone and pacing of the music.
as a rule, one minute of video requires one hour of production time

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Its obvious that /u/cmd_Terada took his time to make it, but for me is just another "pretty trailer" with epic music and explosions. There are literally hundreds of similar videos in the wild.
as a rule, one minute of video requires one hour of production time
So true :)

• o7
Forgot your password?