Acolytes in Elysia

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
wait timezone and time? I've always wanted to do a warhammer game.

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
Little information on building an acolyte in Dark Heresy 2nd Edition

The acolytes are initially built off of four foundations:

Characteristic rolls
Homeworld
Background
Role

The characteristic rolls are pretty much like DnD, you roll dice to build the physical capabilities of your acolyte. These rolls are then modified by....

The homeworld your acolyte is from. different homeworlds provide varying bonuses and detriments to your characteristic rolls, as well as occasionally providing different skills that the unique upbringing of your acolytes would give them.

An acolytes background is essentially the job that your acolyte did before joining the inquisition, this can vary from techpriest, to guardsman, or even Adeptas Administratum book nerds. The background of your acolyte will provide most of the starting skills and talents for new acolytes, as well as give your acolyte his/her basic equipment to start with.

The role of your acolyte boils down to what job they do for the party, be that a data crunching sage, your healy chiru.....whatever the book says, meaty warrior, deamon bait mystic, special snowflake outcast, or a number of others. While the previous foundations may define who your character is, it is the role that your character plays that will define him/her in your party.

If anyone is interested in learning how to create a character, just chat me up on the mumble and i will be happy to help. (mostly because i need to learn second edition as well)

That is all for now. Stay tuned.

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
A century ago the 202nd Regiment of the Elysian imperial guard were wiped out to a man on a large agri-world under siege by a Tyranid splinter fleet. Elysian High Command was informed last year and is reforming the lost regiment. You have either volunteered or were volunteered (for any variety of possible reasons) for the Elysian 202nd Regiment 5th Company. You will undergo several weeks of specialized training involving the proper use of grav-chutes and airborne infantry tactics.

Essentially i am running a guardsman campaign using dark heresy. Each player will create four characters because life in the Guard is short and brutal. Each character will have two different backgrounds, the primary being Guardsman, and the secondary being any other from the Dark Heresy 2ed core rulebook. From the secondary background a player can take all skills/special abilities and two small items (autopistols, psycic foci, and such). The characters will be divided into four squads, and i hope to run my first session later this October.

Special Note:
You will lose characters, expect it.

Forgot your password?