Advice for a new streamer?

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
I'm getting ready to start streaming (via Twitch) when I am gaming. Any advice or suggestions?

I plan on just using my (Razer) Headset, or should I buy a proper mic?
I will be buying a Razer Kiyo for a cam (for the occasions when i need to show my face).

I am wide open to all suggestions... and thanks in advance for any provided :D

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
have fun

don't expect to make bank

Reactions: Ezz and Shiwaz

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'm getting ready to start streaming (via Twitch) when I am gaming. Any advice or suggestions?

I plan on just using my (Razer) Headset, or should I buy a proper mic?
I will be buying a Razer Kiyo for a cam (for the occasions when i need to show my face).

I am wide open to all suggestions... and thanks in advance for any provided :smile:
I am kinda new to "streaming" too. I will follow you if you follow me?

https://www.twitch.tv/printimus

Reactions: DorianSkyphire

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Yeah interaction with chat is the most important thing i can't do that at the moment because i only have 1 monitor to do it on at the moment. Also make sure you have a good internet connection as you will have to sacrifice alot of quality by dumbing the stream down. Last but not least also make a youtube channel and record all your sessions to put them into your youtube it will help to increase your audience from random people who see your youtube.

Reactions: DorianSkyphire

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
have fun

don't expect to make bank
I'm doing this specifically to have fun. I'm too lazy to put the work in to monetize it. My friends say I'm like a wakling/talking game of Cards Against Humanity and that others would enjoy hearing me fuck off.. so I'm going to give it a try :)

Reactions: Ezz

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
I'll list the important stuff by numbers to try and help you in your forthcoming twitch career

1)

You look like your Ginger .........

Here in the UK after extensive research a UK Professor using Lab Rats discovered that Ginger objects ( i:e people or animals ) have a special gene intoduced when they are concieved .

The reason for this is it stops hair growth for the first 6 months to give time for the parents to bond with their offspring .

2)

Above all have fun and enjoy yourself .

i hope i have been helpful :ghost:

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
I'll list the important stuff by numbers to try and help you in your forthcoming twitch career

1)

You look like your Ginger .........

Here in the UK after extensive research a UK Professor using Lab Rats discovered that Ginger objects ( i:e people or animals ) have a special gene intoduced when they are concieved .

The reason for this is it stops hair growth for the first 6 months to give time for the parents to bond with their offspring .

2)

Above all have fun and enjoy yourself .

i hope i have been helpful :ghost:
lol.. not ginger.. blonde.. but I have some red in my beard :)

Reactions: Pug76

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
That was poor taste. Excuse me.

I like streamers who kinda narrate their thinking about what they are doing. It helps me understand why they did the actions they did.

Forgot your password?