Advice on new pledge ship

Talos

Grand Admiral
Jul 10, 2015
RSI Handle
TalosFury
Hey there fellow Testies.

Considering getting a second ship but don't know what to go for. Already Got my LN but wanted advice on a pledge that would compliment it. Have been looking at the 300 series but don't know. Any advice??

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
If you're looking for something for combat, depending on your fighting style, I would recommend the Gladius or a Hornet. The Gladius is quick and nimble, while the Hornet has more firepower and shields. The best thing I can tell you is to get into Arena Commander and earn some REC so you can try out a lot of ships before you spend any actual money.

Last edited:

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
If you're looking for something for combat, depending on your fighting style, I would recommend the Gladius or a Hornet. The Gladius is quick and nimble, while the Hornet has more firepower and shields. The best thing I can tell you is to get into Arena Commander and earn some REC so you can try out a lot of ships before you spend and actual money.
Same suggestion! Get into AC to see what type of ship you like; but also take in mind that a lot of the gameplay is not available so some ships will not "shine" in AC. But I personally recommend the Javelin ;)

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
Yeah there is quite a bit of research to be done as it's been a while for myself. The Gladius and Hornet are both short ranged fighters mainly for carrier based capital ships. The 300 series are great ships as well that offer more long range traveling/fighting as the 315P is meant for Exploration equipped with a jump driver at default. The 300i is a pretty fun ship as it being the standard ship between the three ships in the series. The Reliant would have been a great starter ship for transportation and still is BUT of course it is in concept stage now.

It really depends on what you are looking for. But yeah earn some REC and have fun and take advantage of when SC lets you play certain ships for free. In a way I wish they kept it that way so everyone can try out all of the ships to see if it suits them and to let everyone else try out ships they never flown yet. But the you wreck anyone with an Aurora, it all depends on how well you fly and get to know the ship. :)

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I'm not sure if you want a fighter, since the LN is already the "fighter" of the aurora groups. There certainly are better fighters out there, but I would recommend something that serves a different role

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Hey there fellow Testies.

Considering getting a second ship but don't know what to go for. Already Got my LN but wanted advice on a pledge that would compliment it. Have been looking at the 300 series but don't know. Any advice??

What's your price range and intended role?

Theres only a smattering of ships in the sub 80 dollar range, but the Gladius is a great fighter if you care more about agility and speed over raw dakka. 300 series is a very generalist ship to me, kind of like an Aurora Plus.

Avenger might be another choice as well, especially depending on what the variants are.

Talos

Grand Admiral
Jul 10, 2015
RSI Handle
TalosFury
Thanks for the advice guys. Thanatos, I'll have a look at those threads when I get a minute and thanks again.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
I would personally advise against purchasing another pledge if you are so well perched on the fence as you currently are. All the ships will be obtainable in the game come release, and you can earn them there. If you are doing this so that you can contribute more, buy a shirt or two, a mousepad (which from experience I can state is a good damn choice) or a Gretcat (Greycat is love, Greycat is life).

If you do want to expand your hanger desperately though, just wait until that ship comes out that leaves that nerdtastic smile on your face that makes you look like a retard and always takes too long to leave. Pure desire should be the only contributing factor in these pledges, especially since the full capability of them will not be seen by the community until we can actually customise them to our own preferences.

Forgot your password?