Aegis Sabre Fighter - Who is getting it?

Will you be rattling a Sabre?

• Yes

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Need to drink on it

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
if you had to choose.... Super Hornet or Sabre?
Sabre for small gang warfare. Hornet for fleet battles.

Small gang you a way out, which is speed to run away. The sabre is better in this role.

Fleet battles you require something to stay in and take hits while dishing out damage. If you need to retreat tou have larger ships to help you. You need to do as much damage also to kill the enemy asap.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Goodbye Gladius, Merlin and a bunch of store credit.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
I hear she is a Ninja !
Lurk in the shadows then BAM, Missiles and Lasers Everywhere !
Then GTFO asap hehehe.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
I got the Sabre because they have nerfed the 350R to shizzle, and I now want it to fill the role they once wrote about it filling with military units using it for stealth operations. Going in and out of combat, repeatedly - it fits my style of combat perfectly :) Furthermore, I like the high damage, but still relatively squishy sort of deal. I guess if someone gets the jump on you, you're dead.

Having had many sniped engines on my SH, I would appreciate the double engine design of le Sabre.
You would think that would be nice right? XD but in reality, you can't fly with just one, so now you just got twice the amount of area you're vulnerable in ;D

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I got the Sabre because they have nerfed the 350R to shizzle, and I now want it to fill the role they once wrote about it filling with military units using it for stealth operations. Going in and out of combat, repeatedly - it fits my style of combat perfectly :) Furthermore, I like the high damage, but still relatively squishy sort of deal. I guess if someone gets the jump on you, you're dead.

You would think that would be nice right? XD but in reality, you can't fly with just one, so now you just got twice the amount of area you're vulnerable in ;D

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

Im going to guess if someone gets a jump or if someone hets a bead your dead. If you cant alpha strike someone and they have enough time to turn around and draw a bead you are dead. Knock out 1 engine it loses its speed, hit that stealth module, its biggest defense is gone. Problem is alot of fighters have enough speed that they can run making a alpha strike with 4 s3 static weapons difficult as is the case with a ship like the m50 or khartu al. Or the have enough weapons and armor to take the alpha strike and then dish it back out to you as is the case with hornet, vanguard etc.

The s2 missiles imo would be switched to s1 so i can have more. 6 missiles is limited and a good pilot will easilly counter them.

Fighter26

Ensign
Oct 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Fighter26
Seems like a great specialized ship. I could see 2-3 Sabres jumping an enemy Starfarrer and then running away before support can get there.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Seems like a great specialized ship. I could see 2-3 Sabres jumping an enemy Starfarrer and then running away before support can get there.
Have 2-3 sabres jump it while a cutlass launches artillery from that big ass gun on its back and can haul cargo... seems like a good match... *tries to cram a cutlass in the idris* I need more TEST engineers with hammers...

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Have 2-3 sabres jump it while a cutlass launches artillery from that big ass gun on its back and can haul cargo... seems like a good match... *tries to cram a cutlass in the idris* I need more TEST engineers with hammers...
I afraid I just talk vit engineer corps. Ve no good hammer. Ve use high explosive.

Forgot your password?