AIO help?

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
S o.

I'm working on my rig.

I'm almost done. Once my SSD arrives I'll install it and the GPU. Here's my problem: I'm using a Kraken X62 AIO. My GPU is an MSi Gaming 1080. The problem - when I install the card, the tubes from the AIO are gonna be resting on the backplate. Does anybody know how hot the backplate on this particular card will get? Is it gonna be a potential issue with the AIO tubes? Last thing I need is the tubes melting and dumping coolant all over the GPU.

Worst case, I gotta do some fancy tape-and-zip-tying to try and keep the tubes a bit higher. Best case, the tubes are fine touching the backplate and all is well.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Seems to me that the tubes of the Kraken are flexible enough and just depend on where you put the vents. How does you case look from the inside?
The radiator is mounted on the top of the case (H440), and the cooling block is mounted as seen in the first pic you posted, with the NZXT logo right side up. My problem is if I bend the tubes up so they're not touching the card, they'll slide back down. And there's no good spots to tape or zip-tie them up.

They're not resting heavily on the card, it's only the lower tube, and it's just barely touching.

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?