Albion Online, Anyone interested?

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Another game besides Star Citizen I have been waiting for is Albion Online. It is being sold as a UO+Eve+Arche Age style game that has full loot, no classes, player driven economy and Player/Guild housing,towns,areas, and castles. It has a ton of interesting features that I cant go over without a long drawn out post, but being able to be a mage wielding a sword and staff while wearing plate armor sounds fun to me. Beta is coming in November and hoping to see if anyone in TEST Squadron is going to be playing or interested in playing.

What Is Albion:
Wiki: http://albiononline.wikia.com/wiki/Albion_Online_Wiki
Albion Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AlbionOnline

This is my referral code if you are interested in picking this game up. You can use it or not, Just looking for people to play,kill and drink with while we await more from Star Citizen.

-Update Closed beta starts-
- 23 November: Legendary Founders
- 24 November: Epic Founders
- 25 November: Veteran Founders
https://www.albiononline.com/en/news/closed-beta-announcement

Edit from chrizz:

Ref Codes

Bigcracker - https://albiononline.com/?ref=22Z63LDD71
chrizz - https://albiononline.com/?ref=EMMWM8HPES

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
used your ref code, bought a small founders pack.

Reactions: Bigcracker

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
It seems interesting enough to keep on my radar.

The MMO market is a struggle though, new games haven't had any luck. Once I get home, I'll watch some of the introduction videos.

One game with mechanics I still look for was Runescape, back in the day. Combat was actually a threat... if you died, you lost everything. Every other MMO i've seen is just "oh, you died...sorry. Here, pay 40 copper and resurrect 5 feet from you". Dying has no consequences.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
It seems interesting enough to keep on my radar.

The MMO market is a struggle though, new games haven't had any luck. Once I get home, I'll watch some of the introduction videos.

One game with mechanics I still look for was Runescape, back in the day. Combat was actually a threat... if you died, you lost everything. Every other MMO i've seen is just "oh, you died...sorry. Here, pay 40 copper and resurrect 5 feet from you". Dying has no consequences.
Most MMO's have that 1-3 month life span which I hope this can get past. The thing that I like about Albion imo is that its features remind me of Eve and UO which have taken up a lot of my time in past. Also that part that your choices really matter and if you die by doing something stupid or get caught you lose everything from your mount and armor. Its high risk high reward system which really grabs my attention.

COUGARHUNTER

Commander
Oct 21, 2015
RSI Handle
COUGARHUNTER
Used your referral code to sign up. Don't know if it gives you any credit if I don't buy a founder's pack though. Not interested in a founder's pack yet, but will definitely play this if you guys are. Depending how long beta to release date is, I might grab a founder's pack later.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Used your referral code to sign up. Don't know if it gives you any credit if I don't buy a founder's pack though. Not interested in a founder's pack yet, but will definitely play this if you guys are. Depending how long beta to release date is, I might grab a founder's pack later.
Thank you. From what the dev's have been saying is that they might do a open beta or just got right into live. I will keep post updated as best as I can with dates.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Anyone who wants his referal code on that list just PM me or Bigtracker.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789

Albion’s shores will be opening as follows:

What has changed since you have last set your foot to the magical world of Albion?
  • Combat System Overhaul – We have added new skills and skillshots, spells, even whole new armors. In addition, we have rebalanced everything
  • Treasure Chests and Shrines– Valuable loot and new places to craft enchanted gear – located in PvP areas. What better reason to fight?
  • Upgradable Private Islands – Personal and Guild Islands will be upgradable in the Closed Beta. More room for activities!
  • Labourers – These NPCs will help you cover your gathering needs!
  • Learning Point Overhaul – We have reworked the Learning Points to be a bonus system to progress through our new Destiny Board.
  • Premium Accounts – Premium Accounts will be introduced in the Closed Beta that will grant you additional loot from killed mobs as well as allow you faster progression through the Destiny Board

Reactions: chrizz

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
haha private islands, nice :D

COUGARHUNTER

Commander
Oct 21, 2015
RSI Handle
COUGARHUNTER

Albion’s shores will be opening as follows:

What has changed since you have last set your foot to the magical world of Albion?
  • Combat System Overhaul – We have added new skills and skillshots, spells, even whole new armors. In addition, we have rebalanced everything
  • Treasure Chests and Shrines– Valuable loot and new places to craft enchanted gear – located in PvP areas. What better reason to fight?
  • Upgradable Private Islands – Personal and Guild Islands will be upgradable in the Closed Beta. More room for activities!
  • Labourers – These NPCs will help you cover your gathering needs!
  • Learning Point Overhaul – We have reworked the Learning Points to be a bonus system to progress through our new Destiny Board.
  • Premium Accounts – Premium Accounts will be introduced in the Closed Beta that will grant you additional loot from killed mobs as well as allow you faster progression through the Destiny Board
The 23rd is my birthday. The powers that be want me to get a Legendary Founders.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Albion Online...? Is this another Schadenfreude game? Any relation to the one from '95?
I think they got permission to use the lore from the Albion game from 95 and I am not sure if anyone from that team is on the current Sandbox Interactive dev team.

If we get a couple of people playing we should all see what we can do together and get a guild island going. Love the full loot and sandbox games.

Reactions: NeoHelios_SC

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I think they got permission to use the lore from the Albion game from 95 and I am not sure if anyone from that team is on the current Sandbox Interactive dev team.

If we get a couple of people playing we should all see what we can do together and get a guild island going. Love the full loot and sandbox games.
I've been replaying the '95 version on dosbox

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
FAQ about the Beta
Hello everyone,

we would like to answer a few of the common questions concerning Albion Online's Closed Beta.

When does the Closed Beta start?
- The Closed Beta starts on November 23rd. The exact time we will announce when we draw closer to that date.

How long will the Closed Beta be?
- We do not have a definite end date yet. However, we are looking at a period significantly longer than the Alphas (read: months).

Will the servers stay online after the test starts?
- Unless anything terrible happens (think alien invasion or apocalypse), that is the plan. I.e. no more extended development or downtime phases during which servers are completely offline.

Will there be a wipe after the Closed Beta starts?
- Currently, our plan is to have one more wipe after we start our Closed Beta, although we do not know when exactly at this point.

Who can participate in the Closed Beta Test?
- All our Founders can participate in this test.
Legendary Founders will start on the 23rd of November, Epic Founders on the 24th, the Veteran Founders on the 25th.

Can you stream the Closed Beta?
- Sure can! We hope you do!

Forgot your password?