Albion Online (Launches on July 17th)

Are you interested in TEST guild for Albion Online?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Wtf is Albion Online?

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
I have just started playing it, there is a lot of people on the server and alot og lag. Seems like a promising game, i am just going to follow the tutorial and first quest and see how it goes

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
Is it fun tho?

Played some more today. This is a game that never ends, its very slow paced compared to the fps games i usually play. I'am not bored yet but can see it happening if all I do is going round picking resources outside cities then coming back to build a higher tier gear.

I guess the game can be really fun I one manage to expand gameplay to the territorial wars going on around the map. There may be more mechanics in the game but I'm a slow learner and when I discover new mechanics I just keep doing that until I get bored and quit or make a last effort to see if there is anything else I can do.

I did something called an expedition, that part reminded me of diablo type game.

Right now I am cutting wood and picking stone, don't know how long that will be fun....

Being a test person there is a risk of ending up as one of the towns drunk guy yelling profanity to bypassers

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Played some more today. This is a game that never ends, its very slow paced compared to the fps games i usually play. I'am not bored yet but can see it happening if all I do is going round picking resources outside cities then coming back to build a higher tier gear.

I guess the game can be really fun I one manage to expand gameplay to the territorial wars going on around the map. There may be more mechanics in the game but I'm a slow learner and when I discover new mechanics I just keep doing that until I get bored and quit or make a last effort to see if there is anything else I can do.

I did something called an expedition, that part reminded me of diablo type game.

Right now I am cutting wood and picking stone, don't know how long that will be fun....

Being a test person there is a risk of ending up as one of the towns drunk guy yelling profanity to bypassers
nice, get us some videos of you playing!

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
Well I kept building up my character until I was able to forge a magic staff, I was already wearing metal armor.
So I threw away my sword and proclaimed that from now on I shall be known as the black and yellow metal wizard

"you see that rabbit over there?" I said.
WOOOSH
"I just fireballed it, medium rare...yes you can eat it"

I placed my right foot on the nearest stone I could find and yelled:
"NOBODY CAN STOP ME NOW!! FEAR THE FORCE KNOWN AS TEST SQUADRON HAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Mounting my mighty mule (aurora) that was given to me after the manhood trials (tutorial), I headed out to the full loot pvp areas, eating ecologically grown carrots from my own farm....

Now I'm back in a low level non pvp city pub in my underwear, telling tales of my great adventures.

I did discover a new mechanic. It is possible to play this game one handed, so that one can hold a beer in the other hand.
This makes combat a little more tricky because you no longer have access to the shortcut keys for your abilities on the keyboard. I keep telling myself that's how they was able to take all my gear.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Well I kept building up my character until I was able to forge a magic staff, I was already wearing metal armor.
So I threw away my sword and proclaimed that from now on I shall be known as the black and yellow metal wizard

"you see that rabbit over there?" I said.
WOOOSH
"I just fireballed it, medium rare...yes you can eat it"

I placed my right foot on the nearest stone I could find and yelled:
"NOBODY CAN STOP ME NOW!! FEAR THE FORCE KNOWN AS TEST SQUADRON HAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Mounting my mighty mule (aurora) that was given to me after the manhood trials (tutorial), I headed out to the full loot pvp areas, eating ecologically grown carrots from my own farm....

Now I'm back in a low level non pvp city pub in my underwear, telling tales of my great adventures.

I did discover a new mechanic. It is possible to play this game one handed, so that one can hold a beer in the other hand.
This makes combat a little more tricky because you no longer have access to the shortcut keys for your abilities on the keyboard. I keep telling myself that's how they was able to take all my gear.
i like your style, beer in one hand, keyboard in the other.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Installed

Found Guild.

Got T4 gear.

All got horses.

15 of us raided red zone for four hours.

Died.

Replaced gear in half an hour.

Repeat with crappier horse.

Good fun & good for training communications/Initiative.

10/10

(If enough of us join I'm all for a TEST Guild - could probably get it into one of the big alliances)

Reactions: Agrath

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
Installed

Found Guild.

Got T4 gear.

All got horses.

15 of us raided red zone for four hours.

Died.

Replaced gear in half an hour.

Repeat with crappier horse.

Good fun & good for training communications/Initiative.

10/10

(If enough of us join I'm all for a TEST Guild - could probably get it into one of the big alliances)
wow that was fast, I am still doing tier 3 gear, got some random invitation for guilds as should maybe accepted, but having virtual social anxiety made me click the no button. After starting playing games again in 2013 I have mostly played multiplayer games as a loner. I'm not much many of these "serious" guilds, real life is enough. But I do game a lot :)

Would most definitely join a guild if it was a TEST guild, if one was to be created.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I mean, until there is one formed hop into Tears of Morgana - seems to be a very test-aligned group of players so far.

I may have to subvert some when we finally raise our own banner.

xecto

Space Marshal
Sep 26, 2014
RSI Handle
xecto
Is the game easy to get into?
How many testies are playing?
Is it active?
It looks interesting so I might pick it up if I get bored :avocado:

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
It's really easy to pick up, there's apparently a few of us but I've yet to meet anyone in game :D

It's just been released, so still in that initial explosion of activity

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Didn't read a single post other than the OP. WTF is Albion online? Sell it to me....

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Day 4: PVP zone adventures.

Group of five of us exploring the Black zones - effectively EVE nullsec.

Advanced resources abundant and easily gathered.

Spread out gathering means we're frequently approached by solo players and small groups looking for easy kills, backfires when the group comes back together and zergs scrub.

Looted a mount from one bloke who then respawned on his body. Gave him a donkey because i felt bad.

Reactions: Adun
Forgot your password?