The goal is not to make drama on Spectrum, plus there are already many messages about it there ;)This should be a spectrum post. I would up vote x1000 (if I could)
No its not mine, took the pic on reddit.oh wait you got one? nice
It does not work now, limited to 200 cubes (first 200 for the "not legit redemption" on saturday, and I guess yesterday also, so 400 total?)So can everyone get this now or is it still limited?
i tried the code again listed in the first post which doesnt work.
I would haft to agree with you the whole thing was a little lopsided and did not include everyone and being that this game is funded by everyone it just shows' a lack of appreciation on CIG's part to there backers the vary ones that fund their paychecks .So it turns out the cube was available again yesterday at the time the Banu message was released.
And guess why? Because the fourth clue, which was supposed to be found yesterday (and not brute forced last Saturday) was in the content of the last comm-link post, in the signature of the Banu message (YOBA).
Roberts Space Industries is the official go-to website for all news about Star Citizen and Squadron 42. It also hosts the online store for game items and merch, as well as all the community tools used by our fans.robertsspaceindustries.com
Of course it was gone in a few minutes.
I managed to put it in cart but the checkout did not complete and it was gone by the time clicking everything was finished.
So instead of a nice treasure hunt gathering Banu fans and decoders, we had a complete mess-up "CIG" style, like it is often the case unfortunately. They seem to never learn.
Anyway this total crap shows some things :
- that the activation of the code was possible without even the 4th clue made public.
- that the new Code Redemption page is absolutely not protected against brute force attack, as you could spam 16 digits sequences without even being locked from the website.
- that CIG is bad at predicting players behavious.
- that there never was anywhere acknowledgement of the issue after Saturday, and they just ninja added more codes without reassuring people that the previous batch gobbed Saturday was not the only one to be released.
- that the code was only realisticly redeemable for one time zone only, US time zone. When half the world was asleep already...
I am fed up with this rigged "scarce rarity" attitude CIG is implementing all the time. Not everyone can stay all day in front of a computer/phone screen to spam redemption page when codes are up, once clues are all found. Or to go to a Bar Citizen, and only a handfull of Bar citizens will be probably visited by CIG this year, beyond their studios location.
This is not "meeting" or "rewarding" their community as they state. What a great start for celebrating 10 years of backing this game ! Very poorly conceived idea...