Aloha

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have a general idea that signing off com chatter with "Roger" is old fashioned and outdated and just does not convey the intended go ahead that would invite a speaker to carry on speaking, and "Over" is just unfriendly and a total conversation killer.

So i suggest, nay DEMAND, that all com chat now end with "Aloha" because it can mean Goodbye (end of previous statement) and also mean Hello (as in, you are now free to speak)

Lets try our hardest to try to get Aloha to be the standard Star Citizen radio sign off, we owe it to ourselves to make the galaxy a better place one discussion at a time.

Aloha!

Reactions: mindfart

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
But so many syllables for so few letters. You know how tongue twisting that'll be when drunk? I can barely type it. ;)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
But so many syllables for so few letters. You know how tongue twisting that'll be when drunk? I can barely type it. ;)
Ah, but imagine how "Roger" would induce accidental barfing in the drunken -

"Rogeeeeehhhhhhuuurrrrgh!"

-With a navi-comp full of puke you could end up in the heart of the sun, Vanndul space, an alternate reality where they make underpants and socks out of live Scorpions, that place in the Sol System where they don't drink alcohol, anywhere, it really is a disaster waiting to happen. The benifits of Aloha over any current word are only limited to what nonsense i can make up.

Heres some more benefits:

Although Aloha is so much safer for those inebriated with the sharp little syllables keeping the beer in the belly, more syllables equals more personalisation. Under the effect of a few brews choose which part you wish to extend - I recommend the second syllable "Al-oooooooooooo-ha!" although elongating the L "A-lllllllllllllllllllllllll-oha!" can sound a little saucy if out on the pull, where as "A-lo-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" can be a sharp rebuke on someone who's just cut you up in the space lanes before popping a missile up their... exhaust port.

No one ever used the word Roger or Over to punctuate their coolness. What are Astronauts? Cool. what are Spaceships? Cool. What is talking on the Radio comms? Cool. What should an Astronaut flying in a Spaceship talking on the Radio comms have? A cool word to sign off on the radio.

Roger that on the Aloha, over.
See, its working already. You just have to phase out your use of Roger and Over and you're there. :)

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
you could end up in the heart of the sun
This is a good thing. Its the point of TEST.
Vanndul space
Also good, because pew pew
an alternate reality where they make underpants and socks out of live Scorpions
who wears underwear and socks?
that place in the Sol System where they don't drink alcohol, anywhere
the less they drink, the more there is for us!
only limited to what nonsense i can make up.
now you're TESTing. I approve.

phase out your use of Roger and Over
Roger, it makes sense sorta. I'll phase out "roger and over", over.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
I stopped reading when I saw your name - you're one of us now!

Welcome man!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
shalom

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Ah, but imagine how "Roger" would induce accidental barfing in the drunken -

"Rogeeeeehhhhhhuuurrrrgh!"

-With a navi-comp full of puke you could end up in the heart of the sun, Vanndul space, an alternate reality where they make underpants and socks out of live Scorpions, that place in the Sol System where they don't drink alcohol, anywhere, it really is a disaster waiting to happen. The benifits of Aloha over any current word are only limited to what nonsense i can make up.

Heres some more benefits:

Although Aloha is so much safer for those inebriated with the sharp little syllables keeping the beer in the belly, more syllables equals more personalisation. Under the effect of a few brews choose which part you wish to extend - I recommend the second syllable "Al-oooooooooooo-ha!" although elongating the L "A-lllllllllllllllllllllllll-oha!" can sound a little saucy if out on the pull, where as "A-lo-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" can be a sharp rebuke on someone who's just cut you up in the space lanes before popping a missile up their... exhaust port.

No one ever used the word Roger or Over to punctuate their coolness. What are Astronauts? Cool. what are Spaceships? Cool. What is talking on the Radio comms? Cool. What should an Astronaut flying in a Spaceship talking on the Radio comms have? A cool word to sign off on the radio.

See, its working already. You just have to phase out your use of Roger and Over and you're there. :)
HAHA! Jokes on you! My panels are vinyl wrapped like an old lady's couch ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well BO, I tried to make a comeback but your faultless logic has prevailed. When I found myself typing "Ask Frosty the Snowman. He only wishes he live in the dimension of scorpion undies." i knew i was not going to be able to win on that point.
Drunken logic maybe, Ha.
Oh, and Frosty says he's down for scorpion undies. He likes to party.

Forgot your password?