Alpha access

Kratok

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Kratok
There are some ship packages on the grey market (Star citizen trades on reddit) that have alpha access with them if you're willing to go that route. The only packages with Alpha access still included I believe are the expensive ones starting with the $1,100 battle pack through the site directly.

Though as with Arena Commander it might be safe to say they'll sell Alpha slots for a separate fee.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Alpha is just module access. It means if you bought a ship before a certain date, you get AC and the FPS module for free. Those modules only cost 5$ ATM, so it's not really worth it to track one down. If you buy a ship now, you get beta access, which gives you the final game and the Persistent Universe beta for free.

You can get the AC starter, which is an Aurora, beta access and an AC pass for 40$. Or wait until more 20$ packages go on sale.

Kratok

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Kratok
The PU alpha is the social module. Buying a ship with alpha access is more expensive than just buying the module passes.
I see. And yeah most of the grey market game packages on reddit are absurdly priced, kinda makes me wish I had bought a couple of them 2 years ago

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I see. And yeah most of the grey market game packages on reddit are absurdly priced, kinda makes me wish I had bought a couple of them 2 years ago
Oh, I was looking at some packages then. The 100$ back then would've gotten me more than it did now. The only reason I didn't buy anything then was because I didn't want to spend that much money on a game several years away from release.

Kratok

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Kratok
I don't see the PU module or the FPS module on the website. Should have gotten a package last fall . . .
Both of these are not actually available to us yet, so you won't find any module passes for anything other than AC up yet.

Forgot your password?