Ammorn's hijacked thread. He loves you guys.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
reread post #806

is this evidence of cognitive decline?

God, I'm snarky tonite
You originally replied to my post of the video about the Girandoni Air Rifle stating that airguns would not work in space since space doesn't have air. I pointed out that it could work in space since it had a pressurized air tank, but it could be hard to work the action. Since the air tank is removable in interchangeable with spare tanks commonly carried in a back pack that was part of the accessories that came with the air gun, you could indeed carry compressed air in a back pack as @hardroc77 said. In post #806 you said cartridges with explosive propellant are smaller and less massive. Conventional firearms are good in space, but recoilless rifles and rockets would be best since they have little to no recoil to move you and throw your aim off. I mentioned the Gyrojet gun in post #818, it would be a great gun in space if you modified it to make it more reliable and accurate which could be done easy enough. I would go with a riffled barrel to stabilize the round, which would make the round simpler and cheaper to produce vs using precision machined vectored thrust nozzles to spin stabilize the round like in the original Gyrojet round. I would give it a propellant charge like a recoilless rifle to propel it through the rifling in the barrel and get it up to a lethal muzzle velocity since the original Gyrojet wasn't lethal at very short ranges since it had to accelerate.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well let me add
This is the type of gear I use to run before I became a stay at home dad. At about 1:00 the chiller quiets down as it loads up. The sounds and smells. Memories.
Very cool. What kind of work did you do? This reminds me of running big ol' gas compressors I worked with at booster stations and gas plants back in '06-'08.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Very cool. What kind of work did you do? This reminds me of running big ol' gas compressors I worked with at booster stations and gas plants back in '06-'08.
I was a operating engineer in an office complex. These chillers are used for the AC systems in large office buildings and malls and such. Quite similar to gas compressors as they use refrigerants.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I was a operating engineer in an office complex. These chillers are used for the AC systems in large office buildings and malls and such. Quite similar to gas compressors as they use refrigerants.
I worked in an office on the IT side. I used to wear a parka in the server room. Not sure how it relates but I like over sharing

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I caught the moment of Baby Owl's conception on camera.
View attachment 6935
your parents didn't do a very good job teaching you about the birds and the bees, did they?

teabagging doesn't lead to conception, silly

especially when the bottom is another male

Forgot your password?