AMTS 2018 (I went to a car show in Budapest, picture heavy!)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
International AutoMobile Tuning Show Budapest 2018
(It used to be Auto & Motor (as in motorbike) Tuning Show hence the need for Mobile, they didn't want to change the abbreviation)

So after 12 years of being toocheap to shill out the roughly 30 bucks for admission, I decided it was time for us to visit a car show again. I took my cheapo DSLR with it's cheap old zoom lens, and took some pics (450 to be exact) of all the "wonders" that were on display. I brought the wife along to teach her the finer points of car culture, like what Hot Rods are, and how a slammed VW Golf can move while seemingly sitting with it's wheels off the ground. It was a fun Friday afternoon, especially that there were no crowds yet. Also, most of the "hostesses" weren't there yet, so the cars weren't obscured by fake leather wrapped (mostly fake) boobs and buttocks.

The lighting was pretty damn bad, as everyone was expected to pay for their own light rig, but literally no one could afford it apart from aftermarket shops, so most shots turned out rather dark and I had to overexpose em later, thus grainy as fack. Sorry 'bout that. The focus motor in my lens is on it's way out as well, which I only noticed once I got home and heard it squeal like a pig that had a Reclaimer dropped on it, so lots of blurry shots...

My mechanic friend was there with his brand/team called Royal Motorsport ( kinda silly name as they repair and build old bimmers, but that's eastern Europe for you in a nutshell..), you can see their cars in the first couple of pics. Also, skip the many taillight shots, those were only done while I figured out the lens and settings to use.

I know there are some among you who like to indulge in the automotive arts, so without further ado, here's a small appetizer of what was on display. Click the link for the rest!
I'm kinda lousy with a camera, and too lazy to edit or sort through the pics properly, so enjoy as much as possible lol

CLICK HERE for the full gallery! (sfw)

Edit: Updated with 86 more pics, if you're more into NFS:UG/F&F style tuner cars, start from the bottom!

PS: you do Not have to have an account to view the pics, just click on the small "continue viewing" text at the bottom of the popup if it comes up

AMTS18_DSC_0337.jpg

AMTS18_DSC_0009.jpg
AMTS18_DSC_0063.jpg

AMTS18_DSC_0102.jpg

AMTS18_DSC_0108.jpg

AMTS18_DSC_0241.jpg

AMTS18_DSC_0309.jpg

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Updated with 86 more pics! Mostly tuners.
I think this will be all for now, the rest are just too dark or blurred.

@Montoya
Yes, you do have to be. Especially if you wanna fill it up :D Same goes for all the 'stangs, camaros...

@Sirus7264
In case you go with vynil, I would like to know what you think about the results, as I was thinking about doing that in case the "new" used car we get ends up being some ugly color lol

@BlindOwl
:D

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
@Sirus7264
In case you go with vynil, I would like to know what you think about the results, as I was thinking about doing that in case the "new" used car we get ends up being some ugly color lol
I can tell you without putting vynil on that it's good stuff and very customizable. Just make sure all of your rust is removed and car has some type of protectant(New paint and primer if you have rusted out spots. Rust will contniue to creep if you dont under the vynil) on it prior to using vynil. Also if you decide to use vynil make sure to get a good one from a reputable company(dont go on alibaba and hope to get something nice). Now don't forget vynil is not cheap, It's cheaper then a new properly done paint job but it will work well. My suggestions are 3M or Vivvid they are both very well know there are others out there but those 2 would be my goto companies for vynil. The best part of vynil is if you get tired of it you can remove it whenever you want and put some other color on. As for me putting vynil on my car most likely i wont be except if i want some chrome colors as an accent somewhere. Once i finish my renovation stuff i'll think about doing my paint job (i still need to get a good spray gun which cost anywhere from 300-500 usd and a filter for my air compressors which is another 100-200 usd.)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?