Angry Joe on Atlas

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
That's because the vast majority of those reviews are from people who don't understand what EARLY ACCESS means.

In other words, the reviewers were morons who had no business buying the game on day 1. They had even less business rating the game badly for not working on day 1.

You can safely ignore the reviews. It's a good game, worth more than the $25 it costs.
I hear ya, I am not saying its good or bad I can only go off what the majority says and you are right it clearly states the game is 2 years out, you make very valid points.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I hear ya, I am not saying its good or bad I can only go off what the majority says and you are right it clearly states the game is 2 years out, you make very valid points.
I'm not sure it's 2 years out, but definitely right now it's early access. There are tons of bugs. There are sometimes very annoying cases when it's impossible to connect and play at all.

That being said, it's still fun, as long as you can tolerate games that really are early access.

In particular we have a great group of people playing right now, having a blast. When we get hit by bad bugs we just shrug it off and try our best to get thru it. The developer, as they were with Ark in it's early days, are working non-stop and pushing out multiple updates a day, which makes it easier to ignore the bugs and focus on having fun, but only for people who know, and accept, the reality of early access.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Says 2 years in early access which is basically alpha. :(

Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:
Why Early Access?
“ATLAS is one of the most ambitious online worlds of all time and while everything we have listed in the feature section will be there around Early Access launch, we are going to need the feedback, insight, and creativity of the game players to build on that foundation and balance the game optimally over a period of time.”Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“ATLAS will be an Early Access title for approximately 2 years .”How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

Reactions: Bambooza

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Says 2 years in early access which is basically alpha. :(

Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:
Why Early Access?
“ATLAS is one of the most ambitious online worlds of all time and while everything we have listed in the feature section will be there around Early Access launch, we are going to need the feedback, insight, and creativity of the game players to build on that foundation and balance the game optimally over a period of time.”Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“ATLAS will be an Early Access title for approximately 2 years .”How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
Yeah, Ark was in early access for much longer than it should have been, too.

That's probably part of the reason so many people were raging about the Atlas bugs. They played Ark only after it had been in early access for several years, so they completely failed to understand what early access really means.

So I'm sure Atlas will indeed keep the early access tag for much longer than it should actually be considered early access. It will be playable by the masses long before they remove the tag though, just like Ark.

Knightwolf

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Knightwolf
I walked up to a group of people on a raft near the shore line of a starting area. All I was doing was standing by the fire for a few seconds hoping it would get me warm because I was old and dying. I didn't know wait else to do and then I heard one person in the group say hi F#$#..off, yeah you F#$#..off.
So I did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Phil

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I walked up to a group of people on a raft near the shore line of the a starting area. All I was doing was standing by the fire for a few seconds hoping it would get me warm because I was old and dying. I didn't know wait else to do and then I heard one person in the group say hi F#$#..off, yeah you F#$#..off.
So I did.
Must have been Gordon Ramsay lol You were messing up his cooking fire!!

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
That's because the vast majority of those reviews are from people who don't understand what EARLY ACCESS means.

In other words, the reviewers were morons who had no business buying the game on day 1. They had even less business rating the game badly for not working on day 1.

You can safely ignore the reviews. It's a good game, worth more than the $25 it costs.
When you asset flip 90% of the game, early access isnt a thing that defines a game. You are no longer early access because the game is 100% already built, its just bad developers not knowing how to properly make a functioning game. Ark it self is still a busy mess with poor optimization. Just because someone slaps an early access on a game does not mean they are excused for their lack of talent. Early Access with the right standards means the game will become optimized, polished, and finished properly. Snail Games and wildcard are not known for being talented at optimizing polishing and finishing properly. The gameplay is unique enough for people to excuse flaws and accept lower standards.

Last edited:

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
Argument 1: We're playing it, and it is fun.

Argument 2: This is a dishonest cash grab.

These are two ships passing in the night. Both arguments are evidently true. This is not an argument. It's a divergence of ideals.

Do the ends justify the means, or do the means disqualify the ends?

Interesting social experiment.

I'm in the latter, but mostly because

I DON'T WANT TO DROP ANOTHER TWENTY FIVE BUCKS ON A SEA OF THIEVES REBOOT AFTER I JUST PICKED UP LIFE IS FEUDAL, BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU SONS OF BITCHES WOULD PLAY THIS GRINDFEST WITH ME!

Forgot your password?