Anniversary Sale Mega Thread - Its Done - Hammer & Hawk Available until Dec 11th

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My current plan is to melt my Cutlass and CCU my Freelancer into a Retaliator and my Hornet Ghost into a Sabre and possibly CCU a Nox into a Cyclone.

The problem is while those are the ships I want, long term, for 3.0 launch that leaves me with only my Titan to run missions that require cargo capacity and no way to move my ground vehicles. And in its current state, for the most part, the Tali is not much more than great looking hangar art until we have things that actually require those Size 9 Torpedoes to shoot up, or the other modules are ready. (Presuming AI turrets with blades are available at 3.0 launch as advertised.)

Any advice?

Injustice

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Injustice4
I have finally made my decisions on what I want to buy. This year I'm going for the Terrapin and/or the Prospector!

The Terrapin will fit in nicely with my exploration and recon gameplay, and the Prospector for the times that I feel like doing small mining operations and shooting lasers at an asteroid for hours and hours and hours......

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have finally made my decisions on what I want to buy. This year I'm going for the Terrapin and/or the Prospector!

The Terrapin will fit in nicely with my exploration and recon gameplay, and the Prospector for the times that I feel like doing small mining operations and shooting lasers at an asteroid for hours and hours and hours......
I welcome your laser in our fight against The Great Asteroid Menace.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
My current plan is to melt my Cutlass and CCU my Freelancer into a Retaliator and my Hornet Ghost into a Sabre and possibly CCU a Nox into a Cyclone.

The problem is while those are the ships I want, long term, for 3.0 launch that leaves me with only my Titan to run missions that require cargo capacity and no way to move my ground vehicles. And in its current state, for the most part, the Tali is not much more than great looking hangar art until we have things that actually require those Size 9 Torpedoes to shoot up, or the other modules are ready. (Presuming AI turrets with blades are available at 3.0 launch as advertised.)

Any advice?
Yes. Buy the CCU for Freelancer to Tali, but don't apply it until the ship is in the state you want it in. That way you can still use the Freelancer for cargo until those modules for the Tali are ready for business.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I'm still contemplating what i want but i know i need to ensure my card is working this time as last time my card was declined because of security blocks when the pioneer sale happened. So glad they didnt sell out super fast. Monday i'm going to call the company to ensure i'm good to go.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have no freaking idea what I want. Surprise surprise eh? Haha. Since my reset, I have managed to build up to owning:
Caterpillar
Cutty Blue
Super Hornet
Aurora LX (may turn her into an LN - another of my indecision points, haha)
X1 Force
DF Yellow
Nox Kue.

I'm not sure where I'm lacking. I don't want to build a massive fleet again, but I do believe there are holes in my structure. I want to specialize into the privateering side of things, with a focus on information. So ships that are good at gathering information are probably what I want.

I think I'm keen on the Herald, although the Terrapin and Sentinel also could fit the bill. I do like the vanguard line for their versatility. One ship that can be three things really tickles me pink. And only having one combat dedicated ship could be concerning.

@Stevetank believes my last ship should be a Crucible, and I have to say, he's swayed insofar that I never thought about it at all before, and now I'm looking at it and starting to really calculate the benefits of it, haha. Damn theorycrafter.

Parting shot: why are ships so hard?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yes. Buy the CCU for Freelancer to Tali, but don't apply it until the ship is in the state you want it in. That way you can still use the Freelancer for cargo until those modules for the Tali are ready for business.
Thanks.
And transport my bikes.

I am also tempted to get a Taurus and a $0 CCU to the Tali base and sit on that as an option. Talk of getting rid of the $0 CCU concerns me a bit though. :)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I have no freaking idea what I want. Surprise surprise eh? Haha. Since my reset, I have managed to build up to owning:
Caterpillar
Cutty Blue
Super Hornet
X1 Force
DF Yellow
Nox Kue.

I'm not sure where I'm lacking. I don't want to build a massive fleet again, but I do believe there are holes in my structure. I want to specialize into the privateering side of things, with a focus on information. So ships that are good at gathering information are probably what I want.

I think I'm keen on the Herald, although the Terrapin and Sentinel also could fit the bill. I do like the vanguard line for their versatility. One ship that can be three things really tickles me pink. And only having one combat dedicated ship could be concerning.

@Stevetank believes my last ship should be a Crucible, and I have to say, he's swayed insofar that I never thought about it at all before, and now I'm looking at it and starting to really calculate the benefits of it, haha. Damn theorycrafter.

The new Ship Stat page doesn't really show any differentiation between the LX and the LN other than you have to acquire 2 Size one guns for the LX. Travel in style with the LX. :)

About the only thing you seem to be missing is a ground vehicles to cruise around with friends and a Starfarer to haul beer.

Hmm I wonder if the Starfarer refinery can double as a Distillery or a Brewery?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks.
And transport my bikes.

I am also tempted to get a Taurus and a $0 CCU to the Tali base and sit on that as an option. Talk of getting rid of the $0 CCU concerns me a bit though. :slight_smile:
Yeah, that concerns me as well. Hoping to complete my fleet before they nuke the 0 dollar CCUs
The new Ship Stat page doesn't really show any differentiation between the LX and the LN other than you have to acquire 2 Size one guns for the LX. Travel in style with the LX. :slight_smile:

About the only thing you seem to be missing is a ground vehicles to cruise around with friends and a Starfarer to haul beer.

Hmm I wonder if the Starfarer refinery can double as a Distillery or a Brewery?
I have a Cyclone in buyback. I'll reacquire it when the time is right.
The Beerfarer. Ahhhhh, the beautiful Beerfarer, haha.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Caterpillar
Cutty Blue
Super Hornet
X1 Force
DF Yellow
Nox Kue.

If you have the CCUs still, then you can make a Redeemer, turn that into a BMM, then into a Crucible during the sale to get a $250 Crucible, lol.

The Gemini is also a good choice, but since it's $340, you can't use those CCUs you have to get it cheaper, ha.

The Crucible is looking pretty good though. It's the smallest ship with 2 Large shields, good low crew requirements, a real hangar to bring your Super Hornet around or to smuggle stolen ships, lol. It's an under-noticed ship. Plus it has drones and who doesn't like drones.

Using the same CCU discount, you couuuuld pick up a Reclaimer. Both are pretty good with pirate friends. Say we wanted to make some cash and you had the Reclaimer. We could go anywhere, blow up anyone, and then profit from the scrap and parts. Easy and done. With the Crucible, we could go somewhere, board cargo ships, repair their engines and steal the whole ship. We can even repair and rearm our own fighters. It pretty much extends the range of our fighters too thanks to refuel mechanics.

Forgot your password?