Anniversary Sale Over - Survey of the Damage

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
As you all know the sale is now over. As we lok around ourselves we see broken bottles, empty kegs, paper towels, broken credit cards and most of all, destroyed wallets.

Lol.

Post your final ship purchase count for the sale.

I got a Carrack and an Aurora LX.

Also got a Retaliator in a moment of weakness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walex

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I managed to avoid most of the temptation, partially thanks to being out of town for half of the sale. All I did was melt my Avenger for an Aurora LX so that I can CCU to an Avenger with better insurance once it gets added to AC. I then used my remaining store credit to pick up a Super Hornet Upgrade to hang onto for awhile, just in case I decide I want one.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I managed to avoid most of the temptation, partially thanks to being out of town for half of the sale. All I did was melt my Avenger for an Aurora LX so that I can CCU to an Avenger with better insurance once it gets added to AC. I then used my remaining store credit to pick up a Super Hornet Upgrade to hang onto for awhile, just in case I decide I want one.
If you apply the SH upgrade before the 10th it then gets 2yr insurance. Otherwise you may not get it.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
The scary part is that I think I'll be on the low end of the wallet casualties....:eek:

- Origin M50 (though technically re-buying it for the 2 year insurance.
- Super Hornet F7C-M Upgrade
- Sidearm
- Environmental Coat
- Origin Racing Suit
- MISC Starfarer Standalone Ship
- Banu Merchantman Standalone Ship

No Carrack (since my IRL friend bought one!), but I would have been tempted if I had the extra cash!

Reactions: Designated Drunk

2fat

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
2fat
For me all flare items baton, lazar, coat and suit.
- CCU Aurora LN-M50 for the 2 years insurance.
- Super Hornet
- 2 Aurora LX 1 is for CCU
- Cutlas Blue
- Merchantman
- Carrack
I spent alot but i made up for it by purchasing the Auroras.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
- Origin M50 (though technically re-buying it for the 2 year insurance.
- Super Hornet F7C-M Upgrade
- Sidearm
- Environmental Coat
- Origin Racing Suit
- MISC Starfarer Standalone Ship
- Banu Merchantman Standalone Ship
You have excellent taste in fiscal irresponsibility, sir. I wound up with the very same expenditures, save for the M50 and racing suit. (but grabbed 3 cheap Auroras to inflict on friends)

I also hit concierge and feel kind of dirty and ashamed as a result. Like getting a 'frequent patron' club card from the local strip joint...

If you apply the SH upgrade before the 10th it then gets 2yr insurance. Otherwise you may not get it.
Oh, great... Now I've gotta buy ANOTHER dang ship?!? Christ Roberts, have mercy on my dwindling bank account.

Last edited:

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
If only they sold some sort of kit that allowed you to upgrade an M50 to a Hornet :p
As long as it's not one that you will lose value on!
Edited for upgraded flowchart!

But yeah, if you're putting it on an LTI ship, no need to hurry, but if you're putting it on a ship that will have limited insurance, best to do it before Dec 10, to make sure it will get the full 2 year insurance value! :D

Last edited:

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
As long as it's not one that you will lose value on!

But yeah, if you're putting it on an LTI ship, no need to hurry, but if you're putting it on a ship that will have limited insurance, best to do it before Dec 10, to make sure it will get the full 2 year insurance value! :D
That chart is outdated, it's missing the M50 and its upgrade options completely: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Cross-Chassis-Upgrades/M50-To-F7C-Hornet-Upgrade

Honestly I probably am not going to wind up using the SH upgrade anyways, but I was still somewhat on the fence about getting one, so I figured I may as well grab the upgrade pack just in case. Worst case I just melt it again to get back the store credit I used to buy it in the first place. Right now I'm thinking I'll wait at least until we hear more about the Bulldog and potentially look at getting that instead. But then, since I already have an entirely combat focused ship in the Redeemer, I may just hold out until I have the ability to CCU to something a little more mercantile.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
You have excellent taste in fiscal irresponsibility, sir. I wound up with the very same expenditures, save for the M50 and racing suit. (but grabbed 3 cheap Auroras to inflict on friends)
Glad we think very similarly! I think our pre-sale hangars were also eerily similar at one point as well! I do wish I'd been here for the cheap auroras. I'll probably have to get them off the grey market or get them Mustang Omega packages instead.

I also hit concierge and feel kind of dirty and ashamed as a result. Like getting a 'frequent patron' club card from the local strip joint...
It's not all terrible, although looking at the Billing & Subscription page will bring back more dirty and ashamed feelings than just viewing the concierge forums or asking Alexis how her day is going, haha :D

The really scary part for me was that I hit concierge (barely) before all those anniversary sale purchases :eek:

Oh, great... Now I've gotta buy ANOTHER dang ship?!? Christ Roberts, have mercy on my dwindling bank account.
Chris Roberts is love. Chris Roberts is life.

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
Carrack, Aquila, Redeemer, Super Hornet, Merchant Man, M50 and 1 year imperator. I ran out of money before I could purchase a Starfarer :( I guess that will be the first ship I earn on my own, without the help of my credit card. I've also apparently purchased 5 copies of the game in these packages - if only I could gift them out without losing the ship.

Last edited:

Semphis Rythorn

Rear Admiral
Aug 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Semphis_Rythorn
I melted and got again

Freelancer MIS package (with 2 year insurance)
Starfarer (we will see how this goes if all else fails i can always CCU it to a Merchantman later)
Xi'an Scout (a MORE annoying M50 yes please)
Aurora LX package ccu into Avenger (when available)
Aurora LX ccu package fodder
Aurora LX ccu package fodder

and i still have my Gladius (with LTI and it was $80), pretty much the only ship that will never get melted

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

Preston

Vice Admiral
Dec 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Stomeg
Reading through, it looks like I'm on the low end, with an LX and a UEE Environment Coat to join my Omega and my Avenger.

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
I spent nothing, for my will is strong.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Ummm, now I feel cheap. All I did was melt my 300i, for an Aurora LN Anniversary, and used the rest for a new hanger, a fish tank full of fish a buggy, and oh ya, a cot(that I can't sleep on, for some strange reason).
So my current line up is
- Aurora LN
-Mustang Omega.

Forgot your password?