Announcement by CIG: "We're pushing 2.5.0 to Live today!!"

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Original post:

[ quote ]Howdy everyone and happy Thursday!

We're pushing 2.5.0 to Live today!! We’ll be updating this thread as the day progresses with more information about the patch.

- Patch Notes: Coming Soon!
- Known Issues: Coming Soon!

Official 2.5.0 feedback thread: Coming Soon!

As always, if you find a bug or encounter an issue, please take the time to visit the Issue Council at:https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha.

Thanks everyone and see you in the 'Verse!

- Will "Soulcrusher" Leverett [ / quote]
Link: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/341872/2-5-0-publish-to-live

So, I guess: stay tuned - about time to crash into mini-PU 2.5.0 ;)

SEEEEEEEEEEE YA IN DA VEEEEEEERSE!!! :)

https://m.popkey.co/435238/Kl0YZ.gif

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I told myself that I wasn't gonna spend any money on SC this week. I was gonna be a responsible adult and save my money. And then the ARGO released with LTI. Why do you do these things to me Chris Roberts? I trusted you!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
ITS ALIVE!!

Just 2 hours of downloading away, yaaay :D And it's already 5mins past midnight here, but I'm going to persist like the universe and play the damn thing "today" :D
2.5PTU was the first one since the miniPU dropped that I actually enjoyed playing. Having a second place to find, among the asteroids, was finally something new, and athough the framerates were horrible the server stability seems to have improved a lot for me in the EU. Earlier releases were mostly unplayable due to the insane lag and instant desyncs as soon as I started moving... But this one finally felt like I could play for more than 20 minutes, and that made me happy :)

Incoming Rant, please ignore: Now the only thing that needs to get fixed is entering and exiting the basic ships most ppl have. Auroras/300s/Mustangs are still hardly playable when you have to go for a space walk, which is about every mission you can do. I know fixing this temporarily on those ships is not a priority because they will get rebuilt in the future, but this was a very very backwards way of doing it. Those should have been the very first to get revisited. How the hell am I supposed to crash into the Sun if I can't even sit in the damn pilots seat cos the grid thinks I'm standing outside the ship, and trying to open the door, and walks me up the ladder in an endless cycle??

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Should be back in the states in two weeks.... So should be plenty of time for the download rush to be down and any bugs to be fixed.....

Keep on testing Testies!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Went out to Yela to find some Rum, but only found some guns and closed boxes. More crucially, I couldn't get back into my aurora*. I could get the animation to play for getting in, and even for getting out somehow, but I never ended up inside the damn ship. After 8 tries the ship spun away from me at increasing speed and I couldn't catch up anymore. No rum, no flying, sad start for me in 2.5 =(

*I own a 300i but that has the same issue usually, will try next time. I also got the subscriber gladius, but I have no intention of flying it. I want to fly my damn civilian starter ship, tyvm.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Went out to Yela to find some Rum, but only found some guns and closed boxes. More crucially, I couldn't get back into my aurora*. I could get the animation to play for getting in, and even for getting out somehow, but I never ended up inside the damn ship. After 8 tries the ship spun away from me at increasing speed and I couldn't catch up anymore. No rum, no flying, sad start for me in 2.5 =(

*I own a 300i but that has the same issue usually, will try next time. I also got the subscriber gladius, but I have no intention of flying it. I want to fly my damn civilian starter ship, tyvm.
This happens to me all the time with my 325a... weird bug

meh rum time

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Ok, notes from the patch so far...

Massive lag spikes, this appears to be server lag, probably cause a hundered billion people are downloading from CIGs servers.
Few bugs;
QT destiantions not appearing
Ship locks in place controls do nothing
In both cases getting out of and back into ship seemed to work.
**edit, few more bugs**
300 series ships now very difficult to get into, cant find door handle "use" point (im labelling this intermittent)
not sure if specific to hornet or not, but i was having trouble with it saying reduce speed to stabilise, and i couldnt leave my seat, even when stationary
Also, apparently hornet hud not showing up properly,

havent made it to grim hex yet, the lag was too bad.
**EDIT** Went out looking for, and found, grim hex, its pretty cool. Good semi gritty feel, feels rougher than olisar and way rougher than arccorp.

new autoland/landing feature is pretty good once u get used to it.

Ill try again later to see if it has improved

Oh and people, your aUEC and everything you bought with it is gone, dont bitch and moan, its the same for everyone, go back out there and re-earn it :)

Last edited:

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Oh and people, your aUEC and everything you bought with it is gone, dont bitch and moan, its the same for everyone, go back out there and re-earn it :)
Really oh man that sucks I had to work so hard to get that stuff...

Ha just kidding I really didn't have much stuff any way. Just a broken ego from getting blown up over and over again.

Forgot your password?