Anvil Carrack - Reverse the Verse - The Shape of Ships (Dec-2018)

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I noted something looking back at the RtV, the Carrack still has the three external cargo pods, just that there is a cover that lifts up and away from them. It was also this way on the original, just that the original cover had lines denoting where those cargo pods were.

Reactions: Bambooza

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
unless it is information since removed, I see nothing stating the Carrack was to carry Two Rovers.
It was in one of videos where they were going through the ship plan, but can't remember which it was, reverse the verse or some other. They were looking at the rover bay and talking about it being able to fit 2 rovers or a rover plus some hover-bikes.

As a side note, one of old Carrack specs, pretty sure the RSI website at some point, was saying 2000 CSU cargo capacity, which is now 1000.

Reactions: Zookajoe

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
I love that they shrunk it in size. I never wanted a capital sized ship, rather one where I can bring a few friends and still be effective.

The only thing that bothers me is the change of the bridge interior. The concept art definately looked better. But it's not a big thing. Still love this ship..

Cyberwolf

Space Marshal
Oct 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyberwulfe
The Carrack was always listed as carrying 1Rover does not mean you can't add another vehicle, just that it comes with One as advertised. The Pic your using of the Carrack is a Beauty Shot vs the in game model they used in ATV . That's like Showing a picture of a Model at a photo shoot and then showing a shot of them shopping at a Supermarkt with No make-up and wearing baggy clothes. Its the same ship just with shorter landing gear, which I prefer to that ridiculous "Daddy Long legs lets do this because we have to" gear it had before. Overall i approve of most of the changes i have to see how the bridge ends up looking when finished and lighted properly. Right now its looking bland but NO textures greybox so yeah..wait and see before I judge anymore.

Cyberwolf

Space Marshal
Oct 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyberwulfe
It was in one of videos where they were going through the ship plan, but can't remember which it was, reverse the verse or some other. They were looking at the rover bay and talking about it being able to fit 2 rovers or a rover plus some hover-bikes.

As a side note, one of old Carrack specs, pretty sure the RSI website at some point, was saying 2000 CSU cargo capacity, which is now 1000.
Does the ship spec page OR the sale page EVER say YOu get TWO rovers or even You can Fit two rovers? If it sits it fits is still the rule..there are ships now that Hold ZERO rovers that people have managed to get a rover into. The problem w the Carrack is its been delayed so long people have created all these fantasies of what it will be that don't fit the reality of what it has to be to fit its intended role. Go take a look at the Original Concept shots of the Hull C vs the In Game Model that was shown on a ATV..very different even More then the carracks minor changes. Same w the Vanguard.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I don't know. The carrack never appeared to me as a beautiful ship in particular. Got one for the many uses it might have. If you're going to explore 'where noone has gone before' who could possibly care about how the ship looks anyway?

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
See, I thought it was 1000 SCU with the old SCU interpretation, which would mean less now. Something like 500 SCU... I could be wrong, I have only had a few mugs of coffee, and it IS a Tuesday.

Reactions: Bambooza

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Its the same ship just with shorter landing gear, which I prefer to that ridiculous "Daddy Long legs lets do this because we have to" gear it had before.
It's important to note the ship is the same distance off the ground, so the ability to land on rough terrain is the same. The gear is just attached lower on the ship now. This makes much more sense and far less mass and volume is needed for the gear, which is an important design consideration. Apart from the gear itself weighing half as much, the superstructure to the "wings" no longer needs to bear the weight of the craft, so it will be much lighter. No real deign engineer would have built the thing the way it was first drawn.

What we should be happy about is the gear is retracted internal so it can still get decent speed in atmo. The original gear would not have fit where it needed to fit.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
I love that they shrunk it in size. I never wanted a capital sized ship, rather one where I can bring a few friends and still be effective.
I think the Carrack since concept has been positioned as the king of exploration large/capital ship, and a medium size explorer ship where you can bring a few friends would be a Constellation Aquila or 600i.

Forgot your password?