Anvil Terrapin .

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Back quiet along time ago when ship pipeline reports were still a thing, it was said that the terrapin will be reworked as it lacks the new stuff like proper working compartments for physicalized modules. It's a really old model that is kinda totally useless at this time, and even buggy a lot more than other ships with interiors not loading and such. Sad cos I really like the shape of it with the retractable armor plates.
Same goes for the herald, it will need a pass to bring it up to spec.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Back quiet along time ago when ship pipeline reports were still a thing, it was said that the terrapin will be reworked as it lacks the new stuff like proper working compartments for physicalized modules. It's a really old model that is kinda totally useless at this time, and even buggy a lot more than other ships with interiors not loading and such. Sad cos I really like the shape of it with the retractable armor plates.
Same goes for the herald, it will need a pass to bring it up to spec.
Terrapin's interior is probably the worst in the game.

Waste of space and there's that prominent torture chair right in the middle.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It's supposed to be a 1 man ship. Pilot either flies it (hopefully in get out of dodge mode) or spies on stuff. I have one but there's a 50-50 chance I'll upgrade it for something more useful before it is finished.
Lot of stuff they can do with that space though. Storage, racks, extra beds, heck....more computer stations just for cosmetic's sake.

Just have that one chair in the middle just isn't well.....efficient.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Terrapin's interior is probably the worst in the game.

Waste of space and there's that prominent torture chair right in the middle.
I'd have to say that the interior of the Herald is in a worse place than the Terrapin & probably always will be since it's a Drake.

It's supposed to be a 1 man ship. Pilot either flies it (hopefully in get out of dodge mode) or spies on stuff. I have one but there's a 50-50 chance I'll upgrade it for something more useful before it is finished.
I had a Terrapin once with my Exploration Pack, but I upgraded it a couple years ago into a Polaris. No regrets.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Here's to the Terrapin. It will be a big day when meaningful scanning game play is added, allowing this ship to detect incoming enemy fleets much sooner than other combat craft, find jump points more easily than others, and whatnot. This ship will be a little tank for that group-valuable game play when it gets unlocked. For now we're just paying for that promise. Hopefully they clean up its interior.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's not useless, I do box missions, armour and weapon looting and anything up to VHRT combat missions in it (it's tougher than it looks cant wait for proper armour thickness and penetration to get in thje game). It's also a cool taxi = something a little different, I never see anyone else out in a terrapin when im bimbling around in me terrapin! :D

ScreenShot-2022-05-11_22-20-01-82D.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-04-16_22-03-55-117.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-03-05_23-33-23-0DD.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-03-05_23-37-01-47D.jpg

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
It's not useless, I do box missions, armour and weapon looting and anything up to VHRT combat missions in it (it's tougher than it looks cant wait for proper armour thickness and penetration to get in thje game). It's also a cool taxi = something a little different, I never see anyone else out in a terrapin when im bimbling around in me terrapin! :D

View attachment 22895
View attachment 22896
View attachment 22897
View attachment 22898
Did they fix the absolutely broken fuel usage then? Cos last time I tried a rented one a few patches ago it could barely make it out of atmo before running out of H.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom

View attachment 22895
View attachment 22896
View attachment 22897
View attachment 22898
Personally love my Terrapin. Handy for bunker assists, boxes or just looting. Its my space turtle :like:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Here's to the Terrapin. It will be a big day when meaningful scanning game play is added, allowing this ship to detect incoming enemy fleets much sooner than other combat craft, find jump points more easily than others, and whatnot. This ship will be a little tank for that group-valuable game play when it gets unlocked. For now we're just paying for that promise. Hopefully they clean up its interior.
It's certainly the stealthiest S2 sensor ship in game. It helps hugely that it has a third cooler. You don't need to turn the stealth switch on and in fact, that will raise your EM for no real gain, since with 3 coolers the IR is significantly lower than the EM even with the stealth switch off.

Leave the shields and guns off and dare people to find you.

Forgot your password?