Any fans of the Battletech tabletop games?

Slansickness

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Slantsickness
This kickstarter is for a PC based version of the turn based tabletop game. Looks pretty cool, I remember playing that with my uncle and cousin back 25 years ago. Hell, Crecent Hawks inception was the first real PC game I ever played on my 8088.

Reactions: Talonsbane

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
yus I have my boardgame sitting above me now. Will pledge when I get some additional cash.

Slansickness

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Slantsickness
I
I have been looking into this game recently. Anyone here that has played the early version care to give us a quick review? The virtually endless campaign sounds great.
I played when access first opened up, but not much since then, so I haven't played with the latest balance changes. All we have access to now is skirmish mode, so the engagements supposedly start much closer than they would in a campaign, and engagements are designed to last 15-30 mins a round.
The good:
Melee. It is so satisfying to core an enemy mech with an atlas' fist.
The bad:
until they rework or rebalance pilot abilities (unless it's been done already), they are very op.
The it depends:
the pace is way faster than tabletop, and the detailed minutiae, while still there, are abstracted away under a layer of gui. This makes play quick and easy, as the computer resolves things in a second which would take a dozen dice rolls on the tabletop. Whether that's a good thing or not depends on what part of the game you like.
It's not a 1 to 1 port of tabletop, it's was made from the ground up as a computer game.
Personally, I think they did a good job making it a relavent modern game. I am so looking forward to playing the campaign.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This kickstarter is for a PC based version of the turn based tabletop game. Looks pretty cool, I remember playing that with my uncle and cousin back 25 years ago. Hell, Crecent Hawks inception was the first real PC game I ever played on my 8088.
I use to play Battletech back in the early & mid 90's. Lots of fun. I'll look into funding a few $ into it when I have the spare funds to do so. I initially got into it because I'm a fan of Robotech.

Reactions: Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Sounds cool, actually. I've never heard of it.
Also, and I have to say this:
Necromancy! :skull::coffin::skull_crossbones:

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
picked it up a few weeks back, and didnt really have time to examine it. I do love the battletech universe though, so im definitely revisiting.

Forgot your password?