Any hype for Tom Clancy's The Division 2?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I'm going to waitNsee on this one. I won't want to jump back in if the bullet-sponge issue is still around. Tom Clancy games have always been about tactics and realism (for the most part) and I was so disappointed by the first game. I was hoping for a tacti-cool experience and was met with only BS tired MMO mechanics. I am an optimist at heart, though, so I will remain open minded about the second installment.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I'm looking forward to this one. I really enjoyed the gameplay of the first one and the storyline so as long as they keep a lot of the same kind of elements as the first one, and it looks like they have, then I think this will be a good one. It did suffer from what @Han Burgundy was saying about it not being nearly as tactical as most Tom Clancy games but I think it still worked. Wildlands was a much better representation of what the Clancy games are usually like.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have to be honest I really am excited for D2 although I felt D1 was a horrible release, they had cut the graphics from their E3 demo, the game early on was a disaster but after a year of DLC and fixes the game was a lot better, if Ubisoft does not skimp on the quality this game should be a far better release than the first one that being said with companies releasing so many subpar games I would not be surprised if they disappoint again. Either way I have to admit I am really hyped but also very skeptic due to some of their previous failures.

Reactions: Scape

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Yes, Sir, ready for February testing and March release.

I'm moderately hyped, but my wife (39) is hyped since Ubisoft announced a sequel; she reached two or three level caps in the original title -- almost everything except DZ; she hated it.

Last edited:

Gortt

Vice Admiral
Sep 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Gortt
I enjoyed Div 1 as well, Div 2 seems perhaps a little too similar! But I'll probably check it out.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Not after the first one I'm not. Was virtually no fun at all. Doubt I'll even follow its progress.

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
This one is looking better than the first since I felt that was the developers first attempt at that style of game. I have been following this one and am looking forward to it, but not pre-ordering!

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
I'm major pumped for TD2. Anthem wasn't bad in anyway once I got it working. I just wasn't really in love with the feel. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Destiny and The Division, but the gunplay wasn't even close to being at the same level in Anthem. For me, that's a pretty big factor in my decision making. I'd also point out that TD2 Private Beta has been announced so if you guys haven't seen it yet, pre-ordered, or have been looking for beta keys in your email start doing so. You don't want to miss the private beta because you didn't get the free key in your email!

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
LvLcap just dropped this. Looks really good. seems they have fixed the over-tankieness of some big targets. Since I am no longer interested in Anthem, this beta and game are next on my list to try out.

Reactions: Joehockey

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
anyone going to play the beta this weekend?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
anyone going to play the beta this weekend?
I'll be on 100%. Not sure about timing considering I work most of the weekend so I might not make too many evening/night playtimes but I'll be on that 11a to 4p zone most everyday hopefully.

Forgot your password?