Any interest in org funded Reliants?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Now that we have some stats and imagery, let me gauge the interest in grabbing a few for the org.

I had no intention of getting starter ships, but the guys in mumble said they would be interested.

The variants might be of more interest to us, particularly the News Van for possible streaming on twitch.

Future Variants
  • “Researcher” – A science-oriented model that carries internal signal dampeners and an advanced scanner suite for discovery missions.
  • “News Van” – Designed for deep space broadcasting, the ‘News Van’ Reliant adds an Image Enhancement Suite that helps capture every moment of lfe in the stars.
  • “Skirmisher” – The frontier combat version of the Reliant trades cargo for a high-yield powerplant, stronger shields and additional weapons mounts.
If there is interest, we will start a donation drive for 2-3, anything over we will use for giveaways and promotion of the org.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
As far as for the Org hanger? Not sure if they would make a big dent for us. Giveaways? Yes.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
In my opinion, Reliants are an affordable alternative for training our rookies on multicrew stations over other ships.

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
I want to say we'l have plenty of ships to send people out in that would be a bit more sturdy or plenty of personal multicrew ships that people can jump in on. Also have to think as well, do we really want 2 guys going around in a reliant when we can have 2 more live players gunning turrets on a retaliator or a gladiator? I believe 2 auroras would be more effective than a single reliant as well. The reliant is really kind of in an odd position. It's a good second tier ship I guess as CIG suggested, but if we have the manpower to use them, I think we could fill them in more effective seats. Having a few won't hurt, but I imagine these things will be very easy to get in the PU and we can just throw some in the hangar then.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
If it was just a LITTLE bit bigger I would be picking one up but from what it looks like, it's a slow courier.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
I think picking up as many cheap LTI ships as we can for giveaways to newer members would be awesome. I'm a little late to the game, coming in Feb/March of this year, and I picked one up as the first affordable LTI (that looks really pretty cool) and it would be sweet to pass some LTI love to later joiners down the line this summer. Newer future members to be will be greatly awarded with a ship like this as we move forward.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
hey if we had some of these could we call them company cars? So if you have to do something for the org you check out one of these XD . Lets face it, we need economy ships for day to day tasks that we ask people to do (or volunteer) and these can do a lot of tasks. And with LTI on them they are worry free.

Reactions: EpilepticCricket

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I dont think Im going to put to a vote, there is not much interest out there beyon you guys.

If anybody wants to donate, just hit the donate button and say its for the Reliant.

If we hit $50, Ill buy one, or if we come close, Ill just put up the difference. We will keep 1 for the org, anything will be used for giveaways and promotions.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?