Any ships worth grabbing to hold in buyback during ILW?

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Now that I'm pretty much *done* playing CCU games, I find myself sitting on right around $200 in credit that I think I'd like to roll daily through some standalone ships to keep in buyback as future options. Yesterday I grabbed the Cutty Blue just cause, but will be melting it here shortly. At which point. . . I ask the general Testie conglomerate: what ELSE should I grab for a day, to have as an option when SoonTM comes?

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
Pretty much any ship you want under the $200 for the 10 year insurance. I grab as much as I can and on the last day I will UCC some stuff for future upgrading.

Reactions: Dirtbag_Leader

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I'd suggest the SRV, Storm, A1 Spirit and C1 Spirit as all are likely to see a price increase shortly (Some\all potentially at or before IAE).

Having them in buyback locked to the current prices, with 10 years insurance, could be useful.

Reactions: Dirtbag_Leader

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
honestly, if you are looking to hold ships in buy-back, and you are not looking for LTI tokens...don't bother.

This year, we have the Fury. Unless you have a friend with a big ship to carry you around to be cannon-fodder in, this is a really bad ship. It can't go anywhere on it's own, and while it's fast, maneuverable, and packs a punch, it's also made of glass. I don't expect it to be able to take a beating long term.

Lynx....yep, it's an Ursa with a drink package

Storm - this one is interesting. It's single seater tank that has control over a S3 weapon. It's one of the few ground vehicles you don't need two or more players to pack a punch with. That said, i am also not expecting it to be very well armored, and I am also expecting it to blow up running over the odd tree root

Now, if you were going to CCU those to ships you plan on playing, THEN get some of them as LTI tokens as well as the appropriate CCU. The Storm offers the best deal at 10 bucks warbond below credit value.

As for what ships...what game aspects are you interested in? a ship with a T3 bed? a ship with lots of cargo room? Fast Fighter, Heavy combat ships, ground forces? Once you decide what you want, but the upgrade and KEEP IT. Don't melt it.

Honestly, buy the ships you want and don't keep chasing the meta. Nothing will remain as it is long term. It all needs to be balanced once it goes through beta...

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
It's a fun question to consider; and to sound completely repetitive with advice you already know, have heard many times, and really doesn't matter to the question you asked... find something fun to experiment with. "Roles" are about the only thing that is going to remain constant, so if a ship fills an interesting role, however niche that may be, maybe consider it. I.E this time around I picked up a Gladiator and 'tally to test torpedo usage in missions. Haven't owned or flown either in years so 'why not?' was a good enough reason.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Honestly, buy the ships you want and don't keep chasing the meta.
Oh I already have all the important ships I want and am not chasing meta. Rather, I'm wondering about what other ships MIGHT become fun or useful in the future when either the ships themselves or the gameplay for them gets released. Like the cutty blue for example, no point at all having one over a black right now, but when live bounties becomes a thing, then it might be worth unmelting. SRV too, that's the type of things I'm looking for with my currently unallocated store credit. More interesting than a bunch of paints IMO.

Forgot your password?