Any tabletop wargamers?

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Probably not a huge crossover between tabletop wargames and Sci-fi vidya, but who knows?

I'm a long time wargamer, started with Warhammer 40k some odd 15 years ago. Played mostly Eldar for a long time. I got super fed up with GW in the mid 2000s and switched to Warmachine and home brew 40k. I'm a pretty avid Warmachine player now, I play Cygnar and Retribution. Been hankering to start a Dwarf Merc army though.

Probably my favorite minis in all systems and time are the GW Dwarf minis for WFB. I was SUPER disappointed in Age of Sigmar, completely unplayable. Then again, I wasn't a massive fan of the old WFB. I just love the Minis so much, I've been collecting and painting GW Dwarfs just for fun!

Any other wargamers out here? Here's some of my recent paint jobs(a bit old, haven't been able to paint recently...)
IMAG0060.jpg
IMAG0077.jpg

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
40k necron, elder, and blood marines, havent painted a single one
Just playing for the game? No worries!

I really enjoy the whole hobby, it's very zen for me to sit down after a long day and paint some models. Let my mind go plant and listen to podcasts or watch TV while I paint. Very enjoyable :D Almost as good as destroying the enemy on the table!

If you're still into the hobby, I do greatly suggest playing some Warmachine or Hordes if you get the chance. It's significantly more balanced than GW games. In my opinion, funner to play, but I don't like the minis as much. They're good, but just not quite as good quality as GW minis. However, Privateer Press has moved their mini design into CAD instead of hand sculpting, and they're doing high quality resins now, so pretty awesome.

Forgot your password?