Other Anybody interested in testing some things?

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I have a Hornet Ghost. I want to become better acquainted with what its capabilities and limitations are. I image I'm not the only one in this boat. I'd like to gauge the interest in getting a small group up of people test things out in free fly mode in AC. I don't mean specifically to the Ghost (although that is what most of the things I want to test at the moment are associated with), but really test anything that can be at this point in time. Hopefully some of the things we test can be developed into tactics, doctrines, or even strategies. At the very least it should give better confidence to participants in what their ships are going to be able to provide them.

What: Small group (2-10) to investigate concepts and ship limits.

When:
I work Sun-Thur. so I'm thinking of doing these tests weekly on Friday or Saturday evenings. My schedule is weird so while I'm perfectly willing to hold them other days it'd have to be sometime after 0000 Pacific. (or early enough to end before 1500 Pacific).

Where: Mumble and AC.

Why: Better know our ships.

Who: Anybody really. Only got an Aurora ES? Don't care. I'm positive there are things to learn about it still, and things that will change and need to be relearned. I'm also not expecting things to change as CIG continues production. I don't foresee many people doing this weekly, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't. The group size could be larger if that winds up working, or there could be two groups doing it at once.

How: Have a thread (could be this one!) where anybody can post a question about a given mechanic or capability. Start by attempting to test and provide the results to those questions. Then kind of free-fly it or see if anybody in-session has questions. I think sessions will potentially have to be restarted frequently to allow for fit-testing; perhaps doing so on a schedule like 10-15 minute sessions with 5 minute fit/beer/piss brakes. I'm open here to what is tested, and how it is done, but the results would always be available to all of TEST.

Examples: Can a Ghost coasting uncoupled at current max speed get within Marksman I range before being lockable? What if the approach is mostly from behind an object? From full-shutdown, how long till a Ghost (or any ship) is combat-capable (contacts can be locked)?

Does this sound interesting to participate in to anybody? I'd like to plan the first one for sometime this coming Friday. Let's tentatively say 2100 Eastern (9pm) this Friday the 5th. If anybody is interested in participating post here. Anybody should feel free to post a question they have about the capabilities of any ship, but please be as specific as possible to the scope of your question and keep it as pilot-skill agnostic as you can (this includes questions about computers and peripherals).

TL;DR - X up to blow up and shit for science!

Reactions: DimwitTheWise
Forgot your password?