Anyone in the reserves?

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Hey Testicles,

Bryce here, 25, student, lost boy. Thinking of joining the Reserves while I finish my degree. Wondering if I have any Testbros/Testsis' that are in the forces and can provide some insight. I am Australian, but experience for anywhere in the world is welcome.

o7

Reactions: Blind Owl

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Just got off active duty US Navy. Im currently IRR (inactive ready reserves).

Havent delt much with Ausy military branches but if they are anything like the US you will have at least half a year of active time for bootcamp and job training. After that is the 1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year schedule unless you get activated for a natural disaster or war. Its a whole different life style than being a civilian. I would sugest talking with some guys from the branch you are thinking of joining (national guard, coast guard, navy, army) to see how they feel about it and gague your own interest.

Its a big deal joining. Not everyone can do it and even less want to but for me the sence of purpose and protecting the freedoms of my country was a great honor to be able to do. there are alot of veterans from lots of countries in test as well as many active duty. Look up on forrums there is a large thread we used to all post in.

Consider it well as the decision is life changing and perminant. You will forever be a different person physically, mentally and spiritually. You will risk your life for others and may not come back whole or even at all. Its a fact of life for any military.

I would recomend it if you are able to anyone who is willing. If you have specific questions ask. I know there is at least one ausy who is a vet but duno if hes active on the forrums much.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
The above is based on you joining drilling reserves. Active duty you can still do school (at least in the US military) and not pay anything but its full time for x years based on the contract you sign.

Sometimes studen loans can get paid off if its part of the contract to but that is highly dependant on your job you get.

Again this is US military.

Forgot your password?