Anyone play some Overwatch this weekend?

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
I'm a pretty eclectic gamer, once I've been anticipating is Overwatch.

Got in for the weekend stress test, played...well...probably more than I should have! In any case, for those who don't know, it's a character- or class-based 6v6 shooter from Blizzard, currently in closed beta. If anyone has played Team Fortress 2, you'll have a good idea of the gameplay :)

It was TONS of fun, I went into the Beta only having watched some gameplay videos. I THOUGHT I was going to like Torbjorn and Bastion, ended up getting hooked on Soldier: 76. Probably played over a hundred matches with him. Just tons of fun.

I felt Torbjorn was really disappointing. He has lots of potential, but his turret just doesn't do enough damage and dies too easily. It needs a shield or more damage to be a real threat. His gun does a surprising amount of damage, though, if they get in close.

Anyone else play?

Lotus

Captain
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lelanti
I haven't been able to play it, watched some game play and trailer. I LOVE Blizzard as much as the next guy, and over watch reminds me so much of TF2 (Not only the game style and mechanics, but the character development as well), but the price is just too much.

$60? I realize that's not much for most people yet it's a tad over the top. Shouldn't really be complaining about prices when people spend thousands of dollars of ships on here. :P

( Also, doesn't the trailer look so much like a movie? Really cool! :D )

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
If only I had access to beta. :D

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
gimme beta access, i will be happy to play :/
Sadly, blizzard do not give beta access even for those who pre-ordered.

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
I went in expecting to like Zarya and the tank line, because tanking is my thing. Tanking is what I do. Next to the TEST alcohol in my veins is tanking.

And I loved her. I have no idea how to best use her, but I loved her. But I also loved D.Va (THERE was a character I was bad at, holy shit) and was surprised at how great Winston felt. A real disruptor who can really clear a point, if you can get your team to follow.

Surprise characters I enjoyed were Widowmaker and Lucio. Lucio felt fantastic, though I wish I had a bit more control over the healing aspects.

All in all, this game was FANTASTIC. The movement was rock solid, the gameplay under default settings was smooth as silk, I could ramble about this for hours. But at the end of the day, the weekend helped solidify that I would 100% put down $40 on this game.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I got access to the closed beta the same day Fallout 4 was released, so I didn't play it until this weekend, but I can still play now. It's definitely fun, but I probably won't spend $40 on it, especially since TF2 is free (I know, they are slightly different)

Lotus

Captain
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lelanti
I got access to the closed beta the same day Fallout 4 was released, so I didn't play it until this weekend, but I can still play now. It's definitely fun, but I probably won't spend $40 on it, especially since TF2 is free (I know, they are slightly different)
$60*

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Ah, when I went on it told me to pre-order it for $60.
That's for the deluxe version. You can get the basic one, without the extra skins, for $40.

It is a great game, I feel it's polish and the support it will receive post release, in addition to the Ranked Play Mode, makes it worth the purchase. I kinda do with it was free to play and you had in-game currency to unlock heroes, but I understand why they are going with this instead.

If anyone is interested, I highly suggest signing up for beta, they are doing weekends and you might get invited!

Forgot your password?