Anyone use a wireless headset for gaming?

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Anyone had good experience with a particular brand or unit? My dog killed my headsets mic earlier so I need to get a new one and have been looking at wireless options. I have been using HyperX's for years now but may want to try something new.

This is a short list of stuff I looked at so far.

Sennheiser GSP 670: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-wireless-gsp-670

Corsair Virtuoso: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/Wireless-Headsets/VIRTUOSO-RGB-WIRELESS-High-Fidelity-Gaming-Headset/p/CA-9011180-NA

Hyper X Cloud Stinger: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-stinger-wireless-pc-gaming-headset

(I am really looking into Corsair because they have a nifty stand compatible with ICUE and it would match my mouse and keyboard as well as tie into the software really well https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/ST100-RGB-Premium-Headset-Stand-with-7-1-Surround-Sound/p/CA-9011167-NA)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
My wife and I both have the Corsair - she loves it, I do not - but I don't hate it. I have a more expensive Jabra headset that doesn't have near the durability of the Corsair, but it's quite a bit lighter. I use that sometimes, and the Corsair is my backup. I just find it a little heavy to wear for as long as I wear a headset for.
But I also have a cheap ass Logitech H800. It cost something like 60 or so, less than 70 bucks when I bought it. That is my go-to device for work. I'm wearing a headset every day, 7 days for about 16 hours. This is the most comfortable one to wear long periods of time for me. Sound quality for gaming is a little off, but I don't really notice that anymore. It's just designed for voice, and not gaming or music.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
My wife and I both have the Corsair - she loves it, I do not - but I don't hate it. I have a more expensive Jabra headset that doesn't have near the durability of the Corsair, but it's quite a bit lighter. I use that sometimes, and the Corsair is my backup. I just find it a little heavy to wear for as long as I wear a headset for.
But I also have a cheap ass Logitech H800. It cost something like 60 or so, less than 70 bucks when I bought it. That is my go-to device for work. I'm wearing a headset every day, 7 days for about 16 hours. This is the most comfortable one to wear long periods of time for me. Sound quality for gaming is a little off, but I don't really notice that anymore. It's just designed for voice, and not gaming or music.
Thanks, how do you like the sound of the Corsair one?
I'm using the SteelSeries Arctis 7. Love it
Nice, I will look into it!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Thanks, how do you like the sound of the Corsair one?
It has the best sound quality of any I own, even compared with the Jabra which costs a little over 2x more. Like I said, I use the Jabra because of its low weight, not because of the quality of the sound.
There's one other thing that I like about the Corsair. The mic is sturdy, but bendy. You'll see why that's important if you ever drop a headset. I'm glaring at the Jabra now. I've had to fix it twice. If you get one with a hard mic boom, get a bottle of Loctite Black Max or something similar if you ever need to glue it back together.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I have used some Turtle Beaches before for console, and Astros for PC.

If you are looking for sound, then Sennheiser should be a very good pick and Corsair behind them. But in reality any of those picks in the OP should be good without really having one favored over the other.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Looks like it's gonna be the Corsair Virtuoso SE. I went to a buddies house who happened to own both. Corsair had decent sound quality and a much better mic compared to the Sennheiser. Not to mention it just looks better and has a little bit more driver support.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I use a wireless Corsair, and really like the soundscape of it. My only issue is the mic, a) it makes me sound tinny, and B) it's removable which is nice but smallish and always worried if I take it off I will lose it
I'm not having that problem, and my wife sounds fine when she's using hers. But I have heard of others with the problem. The device @Wolfy linked to is for the Virtuoso, it's new - released in September 2019. The price is also less than $209.99, unless you want the special edition that he linked to. It's just more metallic looking. the price for the regular version is 179.99...[edit] but damn I like that special edition.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I'm not having that problem, and my wife sounds fine when she's using hers. But I have heard of others with the problem. The device @Wolfy linked to is for the Virtuoso, it's new - released in September 2019. The price is also less than $209.99, unless you want the special edition that he linked to. It's just more metalic looking. the price for the regular version is 179.99
Yeah, the Void Elite supposedly fix a lot of the issues but I like the look of the Virtuoso SE's a lot more and they are supposedly better audio quality than the Voids.

i'm also planning to pick up this nifty stand, which puts it at roughly the same price point, if not a little lower, than the sennheisers. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/ST100-RGB-Premium-Headset-Stand-with-7-1-Surround-Sound/p/CA-9011167-NA

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I'm not having that problem, and my wife sounds fine when she's using hers. But I have heard of others with the problem. The device @Wolfy linked to is for the Virtuoso, it's new - released in September 2019. The price is also less than $209.99, unless you want the special edition that he linked to. It's just more metallic looking. the price for the regular version is 179.99...[edit] but damn I like that special edition.
Yes I have the HS70 Pro, I would hope the Virtuoso was better, and I do love my HS70 they are comfy, not heavy at all and the sound is amazing for a sub 100 buck head set! The mic is the only downfall and even that's acceptable just not ideal lol

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Yes I have the HS70 Pro, I would hope the Virtuoso was better, and I do love my HS70 they are comfy, not heavy at all and the sound is amazing for a sub 100 buck head set! The mic is the only downfall and even that's acceptable just not ideal lol
Yeah, what gets me is I think the non-SE has a much better mic haha. More clear with less bass tones. If the mic turns out to be terrible I will just buy one to mount on my desk.

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Now if only they put in wireless charging with the stand
Yeah, that would have been pretty great. It does have a slot on the side for the cord though, so I plan to cable tie it up the side so it's easy to plug in at night. Advertises 20 hours of battery life, I expect it to be good enough for my uses at least.

Forgot your password?