Anyone use a wireless headset for gaming?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I have one of these but my wife uses it. I can't keep my thumb from hitting the buttons on the side.
I use one of these, I like having a lot of macros, hence the 18 on my keyboard and 12 on my mouse. https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Mice/MMO-Role-Play-Mice/scimitar-pro-config/p/CH-9304011-NA

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I currently have Steel Series Siberia 800, its a bit spendy but going on 2 years no problems, has 2 batteries with a charging station great sound, comfortable and again no issues in 2 years. I upgraded from a Logitech G933 also a bit pricey which was also another solid head piece imo no issues really I just happened to drop it or something and it broke so I went with the steel series as I heard they were a good quality piece.

Honestly for me Corsair is hands down some of the best quality stuff out there I haven't tried their head sets yet but if its anything like their keyboards or mice its gonna be decent. Steel Series to me has some great head sets but I recently bought the mouse Rival 700 I found the quality subpar to the Corsair M65 I was using, the SS had a squeak right out of the box that never went away, no issues other than that but man the squeak is annoying especially when people were raving at the time this was THE mouse to get.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Have none of you had issues with a random drop in the audio connection and then reconnect from time to time? My last wireless pair did until I took a hammer to it before adding it to the place where things go when they are no longer useful.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Have none of you had issues with a random drop in the audio connection and then reconnect from time to time? My last wireless pair did until I took a hammer to it before adding it to the place where things go when they are no longer useful.
i have this when i plug it in, so i try to only use them when they are charged
when they're unplugged they work perfect tho

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I had that issue with my old Razer headset, but never any issues with my Corsair.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Honestly I have never really had any issues with my Logitech or steel series as far as latency or drops but then again I have a pretty good router and my speeds are pretty high hehe.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Do you have a microwave near your PC? Stuff like that can generate interference.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Do you have a microwave near your PC? Stuff like that can generate interference.
Well yes, how else am I supposed to heat up hot pockets?

But in all seriousness the last two pairs I attempted both would drop the connection and reconnect at random while the wireless mouse never failed. The last one cut out audio while I was following footsteps in an online FPS and thus the hammer seemed justified.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well yes, how else am I supposed to heat up hot pockets?

But in all seriousness the last two pairs I attempted both would drop the connection and reconnect at random while the wireless mouse never failed. The last one cut out audio while I was following footsteps in an online FPS and thus the hammer seemed justified.
OUCH! See below. It might not have been the fault of the headset. I have a problem like that with the H800 I have, but I just switch it to Bluetooth, problem solved.

My PC seems to have developed an occasional problem with the wireless ethernet connection. You inspired me to look at that a little closer, and I had to move the PC to get access... and knocked my coffee cup off the desk. It was half full of HOT coffee, and landed on my toe, which is now a little scalded, and a lot hurt which caused me to say that first thing I said. Explicatives were deleted for brevity. Also the mug did not survive the impact. Screw it... the wireless issue can be solved with an ethernet cable.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
OUCH! See below. It might not have been the fault of the headset. I have a problem like that with the H800 I have, but I just switch it to Bluetooth, problem solved.

My PC seems to have developed an occasional problem with the wireless ethernet connection. You inspired me to look at that a little closer, and I had to move the PC to get access... and knocked my coffee cup off the desk. It was half full of HOT coffee, and landed on my toe, which is now a little scalded, and a lot hurt which caused me to say that first thing I said. Explicatives were deleted for brevity. Also the mug did not survive the impact. Screw it... the wireless issue can be solved with an ethernet cable.

Yep wired network cable, wired headset and wired mouse. Problems solved.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Hi, I just have a quick question. I never use headsets, I have a few and I find them uncomfortable after 20mins or so. So I got a desktop mic, but only used it briefly a few times in the past. Are there any echo issues with using desktop mics? It's not in front of a speaker or anything.

Edit: I'm just very curious why people would put headsets on if they can just use a desktop mic? There must be a catch with using a desktop mic?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Hi, I just have a quick question. I never use headsets, I have a few and I find them uncomfortable after 20mins or so. So I got a desktop mic, but only used it briefly a few times in the past. Are there any echo issues with using desktop mics? It's not in front of a speaker or anything.

Edit: I'm just very curious why people would put headsets on if they can just use a desktop mic? There must be a catch with using a desktop mic?
Usually no (especially if you set up PTT). Have you tried non-gamery headsets? The reason I use BOSE is the fact they are super duper comfortable as they are designed to be worn for long flights. Gamer headsets are usually heavy + subpar earpads + bad ergonomics. Another bonus is you can use them for commutes :P

Forgot your password?