Anyone using a Warthog HOTAS?

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Thinking about dropping for one, I like the fact that it's an all metal construction. Anyone use one with SC? Are the built in profiles decent?

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I have a Warthog, but I can only give you my expressions from ED. Let me start by saying that I love how the HOTAS feels in your hand. Everything on the outside is metal and especially the throttle makes a good real life impression despite the handle not being metal. What are the downsides? It's metal on the outside, but plastic on the inside like every other HOTAS. The stick is quite big, so you need big hand to use it comfortably. Also the stick is not really made for space sims but for jet sims. So no yaw, you will need pedals for that or you have to awkwardly cram it onto one of the throttle joysticks. I also have a bit of a problem making very detailed adjustments with the stick, there is a small zone in the center where it doesn't react.

To sum it up:

Throttle: perfect, once you have found your button layout nothing comes close to using a real metal switch to put your gear down or switch on a lamp.
Stick: not that great to be honest, well not for the money. It's nice to have a dual stage trigger though and if you are keen on how a stick should feel, the Warthog may be the right stick for you.

Join us at reddit.com/r/hotas and ask away.

Forgot your password?