Apex Legends found a way!

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
I think Apex is okay i just think the battle royal business is a bit bland they have some seriously cool maps and areas to fight in and taking ques from overwatch with ults and stuff is pretty cool

But in the end i still prefer overwatch especially playing in a team it has been so much fun 2nd place at our first tournie isn't a bad start for a team too!
apex and battle royal games are harder to do at a competitive level there just a bit too big to manage as an esport like overwatch

I mean its a good game but it just kinda feels like a bland shooter there is a couple of cool abilities like zip line and that wraith ability sure but what makes overwatch a great game is ability use,tracking ultimate's, play of the games, counters, team comps etc it more involved.

But people just like being thrown into an ever tightening butt hole

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I finally got around to playing this weekend mostly solo and enjoyed it, I much prefer it on PC but hopped on Xbox to play with a streamer that I know and had fun there too, I am hoping this game stays mainstream for awhile as Blackout and Fortnite just don't seem to keep my attention.

Now I just need more time in life to play outside of work and esports stuff I am trying to get into.

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
I've been playing since they dropped it, day one. My lord the game has its hooks in me DEEP. I am hoping they'll add additional game modes in not too much time so that we can play with more than 2 other folks at a time, but boy-oh-boy Respawn knows how to make a great shooter-person, pew-pew kaboom, type game.

The shooting and controls are smooth and feel good, the loot mechanics, especially with the auto-equipping attachments is great. The attention they paid to issues in other BR games (which others may not even have noticed) and the way they learned from and improved upon the existing games is incredible. The drop mechanics keeping the team together, the call-out button allowing communication even without a microphone, the respawn mechanic, the redeploy balloons, and the list goes on, all are perfect implementations to the genre.

My favorite part of Apex Legends is actually the attention the game is giving to Titanfall 2 and how the numbers of players in TF 2 are going up as well.

I'm always game to play, 188Octane is my Origin ID; feel free to add me.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
This.

Battle Royale games suck balls, i hate them.

So far when playing this, it feels less like the typical BR games, like when I attempt to play Fortnite I can't because it is just meh, when I played Blackout it didn't feel as bad but I knew it was BR. Maybe it is just me having played Titanfall since it came out and still spend hours in Titanfall 2 that makes this game not feel as it is a generic BR game.

I for one am looking forward to the new maps and legends that they will add to the game, and keep this one on my playlist for quite awhile. Give it a shot, you may just like it, and there are enough of us that it will be enjoyable to play without having to go solo.

Reactions: 188Octane
Forgot your password?