Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
DragonStance, a long time follower, won the Gladius package.

I have two new shameless promotion giveaways now:

Friday will be a hull of a day with the A-series above and the Vanguard giveaway. ;)
Time to rig something else I see if only shive had better connection last time

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
i am In...How do I stream what your streaming to get more people to view you...(I just learned that you can do that—thank you Arckanos)
Go to your actual channel and type "/host Captain_Richard" in your chat window. You can do from the profile page too, but it if won't say "for 1 viewer" if no one else is watching. It will just say "SARGE is hosting."

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Go to your actual channel and type "/host Captain_Richard" in your chat window. You can do from the profile page too, but it if won't say "for 1 viewer" if no one else is watching. It will just say "SARGE is hosting."
So if I am not a very prolific streamer, would it be any benefit to the hostee?

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
DragonStance, a long time follower, won the Gladius package.

I have two new shameless promotion giveaways now:

Friday will be a hull of a day with the A-series above and the Vanguard giveaway. ;)
I'm probably gonna take a mental health day, tomorrow, so Hopefully I can win some swag...

Also, I'm refraining from entering the Vanguard Giveaway, since I already have one, and I want more non-TESTies to be enticed into joining TEST. :D

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
So if I am not a very prolific streamer, would it be any benefit to the hostee?
I'm not 100% sure. @RussianJ may know the logistics behind it but I think it's meant so larger streams can have something for their viewers to watch after they are done streaming and introduce them to similar streamers. @BadNewsBaron normally has 100+ lurkers in his channel collecting cookies or chatting with each other after he goes offline. So those 100 help boost Captain's number of viewers if I'm interpreting it correctly. I don't think if you are already watching the stream on Captain's profile and on another stream it boosts the number any more than it already is. It's possible Twitch looks to see how many hosts a streamer has each night too when considering them for partner. Also if you have Adblock off it most likely helps the streamers gain more add revenue even if its a few more viewers.

EDIT: Also note that only partners receive income from ads and its very low unless you have 25k viewers. Also partners only get half of the subscription fee subscribers pay each month if you were wondering. I think its still a good idea to host Captain, especially since we all want to see him get partnered.

Here's all the info if you want to read it:

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/07/host-mode-faq/

Last edited:
Reactions: RipVanDan

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
thanks I tried it and instead it told me that I was not allowed to make changes to that stream...

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I'm not 100% sure. @RussianJ may know the logistics behind it but I think it's meant so larger streams can have something for their viewers to watch after they are done streaming and introduce them to similar streamers. @BadNewsBaron normally has 100+ lurkers in his channel collecting cookies or chatting with each other after he goes offline. So those 100 help boost Captain's number of viewers if I'm interpreting it correctly. I don't think if you are already watching the stream on Captain's profile and on another stream it boosts the number any more than it already is. It's possible Twitch looks to see how many hosts a streamer has each night too when considering them for partner. Also if you have Adblock off it most likely helps the streamers gain more add revenue even if its a few more viewers.

EDIT: Also note that only partners receive income from ads and its very low unless you have 25k viewers. Also partners only get half of the subscription fee subscribers pay each month if you were wondering. I think its still a good idea to host Captain, especially since we all want to see him get partnered.

Here's all the info if you want to read it:

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/07/host-mode-faq/

Pretty much on the dot there.

So I host Cap pretty much every night. There are a few reasons there.

So If I host and its only me there, and I have followers click on the "following" tab to see whats online, they still see me hosting Cap and may go watch him. Cap's viewers see me hosting, and may watch me later.

I host Cap for say 30 viewers: They are now watching Cap and may click the follow there and become regulars. (Has happened). That in turn again will typically be greeted with a thanks (Unwritten Streamer 'Best Practices') and maybe even a host in return down the line.

Either way it is best for both streamers to Host when offline as it benefits both parties and builds relationships. I basically enforce Cap when I host him, (I watch him and you should too!) so that drives numbers.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Hi guys & gals! Tonight is the biggest Friday Freebies ever with over $500 in Star Citizen, Steam, and promo loot being given away, including the RSI forum exclusive Vanguard LTI giveaway!

I'll be going live at 9:00pm EDT (GMT -4) tonight if you'd like to tune in. I hope to see TEST out in full force!

http://www.twitch.tv/Captain_Richard

Reactions: halfsane

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
GO Captain GO

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
The barrel trolling is epic. The Captain is breaking.

briguy168

Space Marshal
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
sirina
This was the greatest stream yet for Captian Richard

Reactions: Annitias

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Great stream tonight Captain! If you missed it.. here's a brief summary...

!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll

!NIPPLES
!NIPPLES
!NIPPLES

!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll

!VANGUARD

!Barreltroll

Reactions: RipVanDan

October

Space Marshal
Mar 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Timestop
I hope I could be there,9:00 am at GMT+8 maybe..NOT very good at time zone calculation

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Great stream tonight Captain! If you missed it.. here's a brief summary...

!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll

!NIPPLES
!NIPPLES
!NIPPLES

!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll
!Barreltroll

!VANGUARD

!Barreltroll
it was funny...good show...i logged for motivation to play some SC and stayed thru the whole show...

Forgot your password?