Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
STARSHIP TROOPERS EXTERMINATION!
Is out Now in Early Access!

Come on you apes! You wanna live forever?!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I already played a few rounds, it's pretty damn intense and fun! Looks decent, weapons feel mostly okay, rockets turn the bugs to nice big clouds of green mist, there's shitloads of them, lots of chaos, the base building is simple, fast, but effective. The only thing I really miss is the og movie theme music, otherwise it's as I would expect a game like this to be!
For 29 euros, I don't regret the purchase at all!

After playing wtih a full 16 player group with the 2 youtubers and their discord I joined, I got some other nitpick.
The generic soldier class called Hunter feels a bit useless with it's only positive compared to the others being mobility via a jetpack. Too bad the jetpack is basically useless as it turns off if you touch anything, including bugs, walls, or just activate it while running up a slope. This needs to be fixed to either work more consistently, or have a bigger bonus to height when it decides to work.
Also having no collision with other players is understandable, a necessity even, but having friendly fire is kinda... confusing? You keep shooting ppl who were not visible just a moment ago as they literally run through you into your line of fire. Thankfully the damage is kinda low but especially at extraction when you are all packed together and there is no respawning, it adds up.

edit2: it feels like damage is purely distance dependent, not where you hit, at least as long as it's on the torso and not the legs. I wish it had the same weakpoint mechanic like the old single player fps did, that would mean you can get better with time by taking more aimed skill shots instead of blindly firing away at center mass, also conserve ammo and so on. Shame, but not a deal breaker, at least you can happily dump mags into the bugs knowing that your aim don't really matters.

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?