ARK: PVP SERVER, NO FARMING

Are you interested in playing Ark PVP without having to farm or tame any dinos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I am thinking of setting up another ARK server. The point of this one would be for 100% PVP.

There will be NO FARMING. NO TAMING. NO EGG RAISING. Everything will be totally free, there is literally nothing at all to do except to fight other people.

Here is what I'm thinking:

• 2 teams face off in active PVP combat
  • Bases are pre-built by dedicated builders
    • NO FARMING REQUIRED
    • Admins will grant any/all materials needed to build the bases
  • Combat dinos are spawned and force-tamed for each team
  • Saddles are spawned and granted
  • Armor/Weapons/Ammo is spawned and granted

Basically this removes ALL of the busy work or maintenance work out of the game. It just lets you and some friends attack another tribe who is ACTUALLY ONLINE and trying to attack you as well. There will be NO OFFLINE battles, because everyone will login and play at the same time and there is literally nothing at all to do except to fight.

If your base gets destroyed, who cares? It doesn't matter, because after the match we'll just reset the server and all of the stuff comes back to the starting point.

We can have a few matches a day, at different times during the day.

Some days maybe we have dinos. Other days, we don't. That could make for some interesting game play because the environment dinos would actually be a threat instead of just being a joke. Some days maybe we do air-only. Some days maybe water-only.

I think this will open up the world of Ark PVP to players who otherwise wouldn't want to attempt it, because the time investment to do this on a real server where you have to earn all of this stuff (and defend it 24x7) is just too insane and so nobody gets to do it.

Reactions: Grimbli

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Reserved post.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Reserved post.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
This is amazing! I would totally do it. I'd also build so I can get some experience with that or referee cause flying overhead and watching the battle would be sweet.

Plus, it'd give me a chance to put on the Ghillie suit and ninja shit.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I am on board, there are some things I have wanted to try out but, who has time to grind. Another cool thing could be a castle siege type event build a castle then the opposing team gets a set number of explosives to get inside. Also mazes... of death. Totally on board.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I'm currently setting up a base template for a map making server. Then whoever wants to make a map, I can create a server for you that has everything you need to be creative.

I'll make a map as well but I figured this way it makes it easier.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
It might be fun to play on maps like the center just for something different.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Sounds pretty cool, would be good practice for if we create a TEST SOTF team

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It might be fun to play on maps like the center just for something different.
If you want to try setting up another map, I can set that up for you.

Basically I'd set up a server with whatever settings you want to build on. Then I set you up as an admin, and that then allows you to spawn whatever stuff you want very easily, so you can build bases to be defended or assaulted, you can make a vault and stick a bunch of weapons/ammo in there as starter gear for the team, etc.

I'm working off The Island at the moment since that's the one I'm most familiar with, but I'm happy to also set up another map if you want.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Sounds pretty cool, would be good practice for if we create a TEST SOTF team
I've considered SOTF but it takes like 5 hours to play doesn't it? In my experience it is pretty hard to get a consistent team of people who can dedicate themselves to 6-7 hours of gaming at a specific time on a regular basis. (game time + setup time + other time that is usually needed).

That's why I was thinking of setting up something like this. No farming, no leveling, none of that bullshit. Just fighting.

Hoping to get the time to play down to ~ 1-2 hours of pure excitement.

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
You da man, Xist! I've thought about SoTF as well, but I'd probably get paired with rejects. And being a reject myself, there'd be no hope of winning.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
There is no, "no" option.
The only "no" option is the "I will crash my Aurora into the sun."

You can do that plus some yes options, or you can just do that one. Being TEST, not crashing is not an option, is it? ;)

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I've considered SOTF but it takes like 5 hours to play doesn't it? In my experience it is pretty hard to get a consistent team of people who can dedicate themselves to 6-7 hours of gaming at a specific time on a regular basis. (game time + setup time + other time that is usually needed).

That's why I was thinking of setting up something like this. No farming, no leveling, none of that bullshit. Just fighting.

Hoping to get the time to play down to ~ 1-2 hours of pure excitement.
SOTF has shorter rounds for smaller teams. These are not the exact times but close enough.
Free for all 30 min
2 man 1hr
4 man 1.5hr
6 man 3hr

Forgot your password?