Arma 3 "Epoc"?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I am interested in trying this game out, but I never understand which game people are referring to. Arma 3 with mods? Day Z standalone with mods (still in early access)? Arma 2 with Day z mods (seems a bit outdated now)? Which should I get to get started?

I can probably slowly figure out how to install mods, but are there tutorials anyone can recommend?

Reactions: Murderer

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I'd really like to start playing this as well. I think it could be fun. I believe most of the mods have evolved into Arma 3; although I'm sure there's still ppl playing Day Z standalone. I also found this link although I think the server was shut down, I was able to use Arma3Sync to get most the the mods that were deemed necessary to play Exile.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/arma-3-exile-server.5395/

Just paid to start one but have no idea how to set it up to do Exile Day Z with the TFR, so might be a fun weekend of trying out different things. If anyone knows how to set up a Arma 3 server and wouldn't mind helping out, PM me...

Reactions: Beerjerker

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
I'd really like to start playing this as well. I think it could be fun. I believe most of the mods have evolved into Arma 3; although I'm sure there's still ppl playing Day Z standalone. I also found this link although I think the server was shut down, I was able to use Arma3Sync to get most the the mods that were deemed necessary to play Exile.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/arma-3-exile-server.5395/

Just paid to start one but have no idea how to set it up to do Exile Day Z with the TFR, so might be a fun weekend of trying out different things. If anyone knows how to set up a Arma 3 server and wouldn't mind helping out, PM me...
i do arma server stuff. (arma 3 anyway)

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I'm currently loving Arma 3 right now. Apex with Tanoa looks great. Wasteland's still fun to play sometimes, but Exile, or Exile with Zombies, is a BLAST! I can't stop, lol. If you're ever having trouble with mods to play all the differently set up servers, use A3Launcher - downloads any mod needed to play on any given server.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Just got Arma 3 recently and slowly learning the mechanics. Haven't started modding yet, but I figure that's where the game really shines.
I'm currently loving Arma 3 right now. Apex with Tanoa looks great. Wasteland's still fun to play sometimes, but Exile, or Exile with Zombies, is a BLAST! I can't stop, lol. If you're ever having trouble with mods to play all the differently set up servers, use A3Launcher - downloads any mod needed to play on any given server.
Just a quick question, when you say A3Launcher, you mean the standard game launcher or you mean http://a3launcher.com/ ? I get confused when I start modding games. :confused: But games are so much more engaging when you see what modders come up with. :D

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Just got Arma 3 recently and slowly learning the mechanics. Haven't started modding yet, but I figure that's where the game really shines.

Just a quick question, when you say A3Launcher, you mean the standard game launcher or you mean http://a3launcher.com/ ? I get confused when I start modding games. :confused: But games are so much more engaging when you see what modders come up with. :D
Ya, use the 3rd party launcher, the one in your link. Fire up steam, not arma, launch the A3Launcher, it will show you a list of servers, use filters to find the good stuff "exile" "tanoa" "zombies" ect, click a little button beside the server and the A3L will begin downloading what mods are needed. When its done the button will turn into an arrow, press to play!

I was having troubles with mods, some are on the steam workbench thing, or whatever they call, but others require going to the mod site.. plus so many servers use slightly different mods, and using steam and the arma launcher to turn some on and some off depending on the server was awkward. The A3 launcher will do all that automatically depending on need.

Best way I can describe it, Im new to it as well.

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
Do any of you fine folks have experience with setting up missions in Arma 3? A friend of mine and I have been trying to get the various SpookWarCom modules to work, but so far we've only managed to get it to spawn a single squad of Russian soldiers. We're at a loss and I was hoping some of you might have answers.

Forgot your password?