Armada: A novel by the author of Ready Player One

MaxRedacted

Commander
Feb 20, 2018
RSI Handle
MaxRedacted
Anyone else read this yet? I finished it a week or two ago but though I'd share. If you haven't read this, do it. Also the audible version is narrated by wil whhhheeaaaton and he does a pretty exceptional job (he also narrated the audible version of Ready Player One). Anyways, I'm not going to say a whole lot as to not spoil anything for those looking to read this except this book has _very strong_ themes related to Star Citizen. In fact they even name drop Chris Roberts and Star Citizen in the book. Love Start Citizen? then you will enjoy this.

Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2KaeWrB

MaxRedacted

Commander
Feb 20, 2018
RSI Handle
MaxRedacted
He names drop Star Citizen?

Now I have to read it!
He (the author, Ernest Cline) also did a similar thing in Ready Player One - name dropping Wil Wheaton, Cory Doctrow, and others. If you haven't read the book for Ready Player One I'd also highly recommend it. The movie was very good in its own right but it leaves out a lot from the book. Both books are great reads.

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I have heard really good things about it. I'm just now slogging through American Gods and honestly not enjoying it so I may as well drop it and switch to this.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
It's a pretty good book. I've listened to the audio book a couple of times now both before and after getting into SC and some of the themes are very similar. Highly recommend reading this one if you are I to sci-fi books.

@Wolfy give American Gods and chance, it gets pretty good in the third act.

Reactions: Ammorn

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I've read Armada, very much enjoyed it and highly recommend it to anyone that'd look at this site. I'm also hopeful there'll eventually be a sequel. Though I suspect Universal Pictures will do the movie for Armada before a sequel gets written.

I plan to start reading 'Ready Player One' this week.

Reactions: Ammorn

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I've read Armada several times and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Ready Player One was a slightly better read IMO, but Armada is right behind it.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
It's a pretty good book. I've listened to the audio book a couple of times now both before and after getting into SC and some of the themes are very similar. Highly recommend reading this one if you are I to sci-fi books.

@Wolfy give American Gods and chance, it gets pretty good in the third act.
I ended up finishing it and honestly, I wasn't a fan. The entire book felt like a slow burn up to a predictable ending with a not quite original concept. I guess it just wasn't my thing.

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza
Forgot your password?