Artemis Division hereby invites you to the Combat Training Simulator

Corwin

Captain
Nov 4, 2013
RSI Handle
wolfpup118
Hello and welcome to all new recruits to Artemis Division! You will be the first batch of trainees to undergo the full training course here at Artemis Division. We have a new training system aptly named the “Combat Simulation Module” currently in the final stages of testing. Once the module is completed, we will begin training to withstand the rigors of dogfighting in space.

The Combat Simulation Module is a huge step forward from previous TEST training programs. There are many huge improvements to this software over previous versions, such as:
  • The most realistic flight physics to date
Gain valuable experience with how military grade fighters handle in the vast void of space

• Breathtaking visuals
Graphics rendered at extreme detail make the combat feel all that more real

• Train against other humans
Face against the same creativity and ingenuity that you would face on the battlefield

• Realistic damage states
Learn how to compensate for damage to your ship as if it were a live combat situation with live rounds

• Comprehensive Control System
Controls reflect real-world controls for each ship as opposed to being cheap imitations

The Combat Simulation Module will be the best way to prepare yourself for the live combat situations you may find yourself in in Artemis Division. This training will be imperative for both your own safety and the safety of Artemis Division as a whole.

Be sure to stop by your local TEST hanger and begin training in the Combat Simulation Module as early as you can! The software is slated for a April 10th reveal with the full release to all TEST facilities just a few days after. Group training is slated to start shortly after.

Keep in mind the Combat Simulation Module is currently a work in progress. The software engineers at TEST are doing everything they can to make it as feature-rich as possible. The current version is going to be released with just the F7C Hornet available to train in. Other ships will be added in as the simulations for them are finished.

Thank you for your signing up to be a member of this elite squad! May we make TEST proud.

Reactions: CitizenDad

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Excellent! As long as the ships are easier to fly than in Battlefield 76, I will be set.

Corwin

Captain
Nov 4, 2013
RSI Handle
wolfpup118
Excellent! As long as the ships are easier to fly than in Battlefield 76, I will be set.
I cannot say it will be easier as Battlefield 76 takes place on Earth using modern weapons and ships in very watered down forms. Using a plane in the game is as easy as pulling left or right to turn. This is all in-atmosphere too so they don't need to abide by Newtonian physics that we need to abide by out here in space.

I can however say it will be a much more enjoyable flight experience than Battlefield 76. Just don't get too caught up in the fact that the simulator isn't real, or when you are told to form up for a turkey drop or other advanced turkey strategies, you will be left clueless.

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Ahhhh, I understand...

Corwin

Captain
Nov 4, 2013
RSI Handle
wolfpup118
Our Combat Simulation Module, dubbed Arena Commander is now in it's beta phase! The beta includes two modes:

• Free Fly - Become accustomed to the controls of your ship and enjoy the beauty of simulated space.
  • Vanduul Swarm - Hone your skills against death itself! Fight the simulated Vanduul and become the best pilot out there.

Arena Commander features two in the beta phase:

• Broken Moon of Taranis - Fight in the remains of a moon torn apart from mining operations.
  • Dying Star of Pyros - Brave the remains of a dying star, but don't let the sight steal your attention!

As part of our testing, we are releasing it to all members of Artemis Division to try out! Make sure to report any bugs to the software to the Software Developement division.

As part of the training program, feel free to post your highest wave you have made it to and you may have bragging rights among your fellow officers!

My current record, as of 24 hours after the beta release, is beating wave 11 before a well placed missile took out my power plant then as soon as my ship was reinitialized, a stray missile took out my cockpit.

Reactions: Vastair

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I managed to make it to wave 12 before Payday bent me over like a sorority girl during rush week. Be a lot easier if it would actually repair you when it said it would.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I managed to make it to wave 12 before Payday bent me over like a sorority girl during rush week. Be a lot easier if it would actually repair you when it said it would.
Ah, I had a respawn that match. I managed to kill payday by loosing all 8 of my missiles at him. I was then slaughtered by the Vanduul Alphas which had just finished with my lone remaining wingman.

Roelosaurus

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Roelosaurus
Who the fuck is Payday?
Payday
First identified in 2683, Payday was one of the first Vanduul aces
that the UEE ever faced. It quickly established itself as a brilliant and
adaptive foe, and UEE pilots began to collect a pool for the Vanduul
ace's death. Needless to say, the ace survived all of those early pilots.
The collection continued to grow and the handle was born. Many UEE
pilots have been taken in by Payday's apparently slow combat style
but when it pulls the trigger every shot goes where it wants to. Pay-
day's handle eventually took on a different meaning, referring to the
death benefits that the Messer Era would pay out to the pilots who
misguidedly sought their fortune against him.

Arena Commander Pilot's Guide, pp. 8
Games Modes - Elite Vanduul Aces - Payday​

Prothean

Lieutenant
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Prothean051
Hey prothie, you might get further than wave 4 in Arena Commander if you tried it with a BAC below lethal levels.

FOR ONCE.
I'll have you know I got to 5 and hit an asteroid before the enemies spawned, so hah!

Suck it Squeaks, wave 10, the Alpha had to ram my ass to take me down!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?