Astroid Fracking

Do you think the UEE should kill anyone caught asteroid fracking?

• Total voters

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey, the raped all Western Civilization with their collusion for 40 years before some engineer at Chevron found a way to get our old oil out of tar sands. Biggest and best scam in human history. Ya' gotta admire a little of the world's most successful pirates.
What's scary is how much they can still affect our economy. What to destabilize north America's economy? Simply flood the market with oil, drop the price per barrel, and watch the work dry up here. No work, and suddenly lads are defaulting on mortgages and vehicles, stores start closing, everything goes to shit. That's what happened this last go around, just a couple years ago in Alberta.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Stupidisco

Commander
Sep 18, 2017
RSI Handle
citizen_36486
What's scary is how much they can still affect our economy. What to destabilize north America's economy? Simply flood the market with oil, drop the price per barrel, and watch the work dry up here. No work, and suddenly lads are defaulting on mortgages and vehicles, stores start closing, everything goes to shit. That's what happened this last go around, just a couple years ago in Alberta.
The UAE also owns about 10% of all available stock in america.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
One particular film was paid for the OPEC to get America to stop fracking because it is what set us free of OPEC reliance.
Wait... So OPEC paid to promote something that would make the US need them less...?
Or was that just a error on your part?
I have not looked much into this, so am having a harder time than usual to tell joke-facts apart from real facts :P

EDIT:
Oh, I realize that I read that wrong. My bad!
But doesn't fracing cause reactions in the ground in the area? Just thinking simply... causing mechanical stress on the ground should have some consequence, right?
And wouldn't getting out of oil altogether be even better if you want to get out out of their influence?

Stupidisco

Commander
Sep 18, 2017
RSI Handle
citizen_36486
So, sure OPEC does have economic incentive to fund a documentary critical of fracking, but does that mean the documentary was wrong? I'm assuming we are talkimg about Gasland. I find it hard to belive they would fake natural gas coming out of peoples faucets etc. Also, truth be told, is it fundamentally really a good idea to pump water into the ground with chemical additives? Common sense dictates no, it isn't.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Wait... So OPEC paid to promote something that would make the US need them less...
No, the film was critical of the fracking process and blamed it for all manner of environmental, health and safety issues. These were fabrications, but Hollywood supplied the stupid to support the myth and to this day we have people who believe fracking is somehow dangerous. Those environmentalist wanna-be's who are not really scientists and do not understand the science behind fracking are easily swayed by media like this.

http://economy.money.cnn.com/2012/10/01/matt-damon-fracking/

I have not seen the film, but IIRC, they use actual footage of natural gas being ignited as it flows out the kitchen faucet of someone's home, and blame the mixing between the water table and the gas on fracking, but do not point out that this phenomenon has been seen many times and places and in this case, before the fracking in the area took place. Taking the gas out of the ground is actually the fix for having it come out your faucet, but those in Abu Dhabi would not want you to know this. Looks like Matt Damon was duped too, which is not hard to believe. He has proven pretty dopey on multiple occasions.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The UAE also owns about 10% of all available stock in america.
Derp. Figures.
Fractions? like 1/2? :open_mouth:
1/2 a beer down means it's time for another from the fridge.
And wouldn't getting out of oil altogether be even better if you want to get out out of their influence?
Getting out of oil would be the best bet. I concur. And I don't think we're too far from other sources of energy. But letting go will prove hard for the human race.
I'm assuming we are talkimg about Gasland. I find it hard to belive they would fake natural gas coming out of peoples faucets etc
They failed to mention in the video, even though they knew full well, that this had been happening LONG before fracking was brought in. Yes, there are documented contaminations. Yes, there are things that can go wrong. But it is nowhere near the demon that Gasland makes it out to be.
Here's some science for you, just so you have an idea of the numbers. Please read the article, not just the headline.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/more-than-90-of-larger-earthquakes-in-western-canada-triggered-by-fracking-1.3510812
I have not seen the film, but IIRC, they use actual footage of natural gas being ignited as it flows out the kitchen faucet of someone's home, and blame the mixing between the water table and the gas on fracking, but do not point out that this phenomenon has been seen many times and places and in this case, before the fracking in the area took place
Precisely this.
Asteroid fracking? Is that when a Cylon drills a hole in one and sticks his metal willy down it?
Oh my.
oh my.jpg

Forgot your password?