Auburn Lost and my car caught on fire while I was in the grocery store.

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
Today sucked guys. I got off work and the wife and I went to Kroger to pick up a few things for dinner tonight. When we came out with our groceries and opened the back hatch to load up a powerful chemical stink was present. I opened all the doors and noticed smoke coming from the car seat. So my better half called the fire department. The OFD ended up- hosing out the inside of the car under the driver seat. Fuck me. I am just glad it happened while we were not driving. Small mercies? Anyway just thought Id share and vent a bit. /:

Also my team lost the Iron Bowl...

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
Thank you Printimus. The fireman said the thermal reading was high on the seat's motor. I am not sure what really happened. Just hope the insurance covers this. We just bought that car, and haven't finished paying for it.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Today sucked guys. I got off work and the wife and I went to Kroger to pick up a few things for dinner tonight. When we came out with our groceries and opened the back hatch to load up a powerful chemical stink was present. I opened all the doors and noticed smoke coming from the car seat. So my better half called the fire department. The OFD ended up- hosing out the inside of the car under the driver seat. Fuck me. I am just glad it happened while we were not driving. Small mercies? Anyway just thought Id share and vent a bit. /:

Enter your VIN at this site: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
If there is a recall on the seat motor, the dealership has to do it before the vehicle is sold, and maybe the car maker can help you out. Sorry, no recall for Auburn! Hope it works out for you!

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
Enter your VIN at this site: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
If there is a recall on the seat motor, the dealership has to do it before the vehicle is sold, and maybe the car maker can help you out. Sorry, no recall for Auburn! Hope it works out for you!
Thanks Carlos! I will give this a look. Maybe I will be unluckily lucky?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

Wow, that is one BIG fucking SHIT of a day :(
Big luck anyway that you and your wife weren't driving and that noone got hurt.
Sucks anyway, the shock, bad feelings, no sleep, no car for sure - and finally the money, jeez.
Hope that you're getting through it fast and with a happy ending!
All the best!
And: good find @Carlos Spicyweiner , really cool!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The title made me think a team lost and your car was set on fire in a riot.

Still sucks, hopefully you don't suffer a net loss from this, but just losing your time is already a loss.

Sorry mate.

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
Alright, no recall for the 08' PT Cruiser... so Now I just hope my insurance company treats us fair. Keeping calm for now.

Forgot your password?