Audeze Mobius Gaming Headset.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Any idea what are the implications for Star Marine? Would you be able to scan for sound in an FPS environment simply by turning your head the way you would in real life, and can you identify sound directions this way?

Seems like it is possible this could give a significant advantage in FPS, if SC is sending FPS vector data, and I think they are. Wasn't there a vid where Chris Roberts said they would implement this in addition to the personal radars?

And if the 'puter has the head tracking data, can you get a center screen view out the side of a cockpit simply by turning your head? Can you look up and down and have the view change? If so every Reliant jokey would want one of these.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
Q[Any idea what are the implications for Star Marine? Would you be able to scan for sound in an FPS environment simply by turning your head the way you would in real life, and can you identify sound directions this way?]

Ya.. 10-4.. I got to demo this headset and that's exactly how it works.

Q[Seems like it is possible this could give a significant advantage in FPS, if SC is sending FPS vector data, and I think they are. Wasn't there a vid where Chris Roberts said they would implement this in addition to the personal radars?]

There was a group of competitive gamers ( counter strike I believe ) that came to demo this headset... and they were all kinds of excited about it.
Then a little concerned that playing with out it would put a player at a disadvantage. Since Audeze is the first company to offer this head tracking technology, they concluded that they would have to buy a mobius to stay competitive.

Q[And if the 'puter has the head tracking data, can you get a center screen view out the side of a cockpit simply by turning your head? Can you look up and down and have the view change? If so every Reliant jokey would want one of these.]

Hmmm.. the mobius head tracking was audio only. So the question is... well it work with the SC camera that CR wants to sell that will provide visual head tracking and lip flapping? Thats a great question... ??????

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Ya.. 10-4.. I got to demo this headset and that's exactly how it works.
There is a hidden advantage here too. Not only would you be able to identify sound directions in game, but you could do this without an opponent seeing you do it. so conversations in a bar take on a whole new level of cleverness.

The data from the unit is likely identical to the gyros and accelerometers in your smart phone, so the data is there if SC wants to use it.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
There is a hidden advantage here too. Not only would you be able to identify sound directions in game, but you could do this without an opponent seeing you do it. so conversations in a bar take on a whole new level of cleverness.

The data from the unit is likely identical to the gyros and accelerometers in your smart phone, so the data is there if SC wants to use it.
[The data from the unit is likely identical to the gyros and accelerometers in your smart phone, so the data is there if SC wants to use it.]

Yes... from what I understand... gyros and accelerometers identical to whats in your smart phone... are built into the headset.

Reactions: Blind Owl

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
How is Mobius different from other gaming headphones?

Mobius’ leading-edge technologies listed below work together to create realistic 3D audio and to produce an immersive cinematic experience.

• Audeze's planar magnetic drivers optimized for spatial audio
  • Advanced 3D sound emulation algorithm that uses 6-axis (quaternion) tracking with 3-axial accelerometer and 3-axial gyroscope for continuous, intelligent head-tracking
  • Anatomically calibrated sound-field personalized based on head geometry
  • Psychoacoustically motivated customization of sound-field size
  • Support for surround sound modes
The plug and play options with USB-C, Analog (3.5 mm) and Bluetooth with AAC / LDAC support allows you to get the Mobius high fidelity sound experience wherever you go, whenever you need it. Mobius delivers a realistic 3D sound experience, in a manner consistent with real-world listening. This means that you will hear your gaming opponent sneaking up behind you as clearly as though they were in the room with you!
So, does this mean you hear a better BOOM when you crash? ;}

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
[There is a hidden advantage here too. Not only would you be able to identify sound directions in game, but you could do this without an opponent seeing you do it. so conversations in a bar take on a whole new level of cleverness.]

oh ya... I get what your saying... you can eavesdrop on conversations in a more stealthy manner.. I like your thinking...

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?