Audio update

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
So any advices/irl experiences, im looking atm to update my audio system on comp and requirments are 2.1 system... mostly for music since i use headset on playing.

I need to get that set connected to comp and laptop or tablet and use it w/o plugin and unplugin wires, so basically some "good" set whit 2 inputs its fine, price range max 250$

PS. if its black and white always better.. or just white

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Logitech Z623. Under 200, Black, and I've always had excellent success with Logitech speakers.

(Psst, with that link, you'll help feed our drunken webmaster Seung!)

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
The only reason I don't use these anymore is because I gave them to my daughter so she could understand what a quality audio experience meant.

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Champagne-Computer-Speakers/dp/B005EG3RWS

Though I don't recall for sure whether they have a second input. I know my current Altec Lansing set don't have one.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pc-accessories/pc-speakers/pc-speakers/harman-kardon-soundsticks-iii-2-1-pc-speakers-clear-08843639-pdt.html

These are also great, and a lot less than the Logitech Z623, leaving you plenty to get a mini mixing board.

You can also, if you have good onboard sound or a sound card that supports it, plug your other audio source into your computer and redirect the audio to the speakers using the mixer built into Windows.

If you want a real killer system that leaves the rest absolutely flat, I've heard good things from audiophiles about these:

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-MX6021-Expressionist-Speaker/dp/B0025VKUR0/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417963751&sr=1-7&keywords=altec+lansing

They smash the crap out of the Logitech Z623s, it's the difference between a company that does speakers, and a company that does whatever they think they can sell to PC owners. The Logitech offering has a low-end bias, at the sacrifice of midrange and high-end...so if you're into rap and hip-hop you might prefer them but for overall audio quality in the same price range the Altec Lansing are superior.

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I have an older Logitech surround in the living room that I have a Bluetooth box plugged into. I use that to connect to it using various phones, iPads, and laptops. It's very convenient.

Bluetooth is not great for gaming because it can introduce a little audio lag but itis fine for music and eliminates cables for multi device use. Something to consider when you are shopping around.

I will come back and post a link to the device whe. I am not on my iPad. Can't paste from my iPad to forum posts for some reason.

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
They can join the one true dip, onion.

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
Interesting options Shar Treuse, especially that Altec set but design is little to weird for me.

I found that Bluetooth thing resently to and i think i have to go for it if i dont find some nice set whit 2 inputs or more. One option could be to get some home teather amplifier but those are again to big to get fit in smoothly in my current set up.

ill keep on searching :) and thx for tips.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
They definitely take some getting used to, I have a not-so-bizarre looking pair of relatively cheap Altec-Lansing down-facing speakers that look like you could hop on board and blast off into Star Citizen with them. Took me almost two years to find a way to fit them into my office in such a way that I don't lose half the bass to the concrete floor (carpeted of course).

That is what's nice about the H-K Champagne speakers; the side units can go anywhere and look stylish, then you can find a place to hide or display the sub.

S

svenrichter

Afaik teufel has a decent sub 200 2.1 system. only has 1 aux in though. But that's nothing some y-splitters can't fix.

Forgot your password?