aUEC & Purchase Persistence

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Oh no no no, it was not aimed at you at all, and I did get your point.
I wrote it cause I seen a lot other comment similar to it (other places) but a lot more shall we say aggressive, demanding and whining ha ha... (not saying yours was šŸ˜‰ )
which is mostly based on their total lack of knowledge how the game is going to work out in the economic and such..
And as some just go from old experience from other MMO, where most economics are heavy player influenced, in SC that is not the case never have been never will be.

I do agree with you a lot on this is alpha testing why not give more aUEC to all make it easier for devs and us when they need to do wipes and think many would play a lot more.
IMO as long as we are in alpha they should just make sure that all can play with ease regardless if it's PTU or PU.
As they do it now they base the Live aUEC on how much you have in UEC on your account..
Well how hard can it be to add a 0 after that and most would get a good start have a bit more to test with AS IN ""Borrowed test aUEC money. NOT ours to keep.!""
And just make it clear there will be wipes get use to it.

And those that make most noise and they want this and that and persistence, want to keep what is earned... yada yada yada...
If that is so, tell like it is, at the point it might not be what they should play and come back later, or deal with it.
One can't please every one, there is always going to be one that is not happy how things are... IMO every one else should not suffer for that one.

And IMO in game UEC should not be activated until absolute last stage of Beta where there is a last wipe before it goes full release.
But that is up to them how they want to do it, mess it up, or make it work.. I would not want to be in their shoes that day making that decision.

CHEERS! šŸ»
I do hope that in both Alpha and Beta they test persistence across releases and patches, but once they're at the point they officially announce the dates for Open Beta and Full Release they also announce a date for Final Planned Accounts Reset (which I hope to be the last one to two weeks of 'Closed Beta'.)

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I do hope that in both Alpha and Beta they test persistence across releases and patches, but once they're at the point they officially announce the dates for Open Beta and Full Release they also announce a date for Final Planned Accounts Reset (which I hope to be the last one to two weeks of 'Closed Beta'.)
Yeah I agree, cross fingers and hope it's how it goes.

šŸ»

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Not sure if this is solely aimed at me or partially see as it references some things off my post and the reaction to my post.

my point isnā€™t about who can afford what, never mentioned or insinuated it either.
My point which I probably put across poorly is mainly down to testing game mechanics. I feel in my opinion that they should of given a bit of a higher credit to start with so people have the ability to test out parts of the game that does require to have x amount.
Itā€™s why in ptu you get 5 million, they donā€™t want you to have limitations in ptu.
Iā€™m not saying give everyone millions or hundred of thousands, but maybe 50k to start with.

also every one can afford what they can afford, Iā€™ve got concierge in 2 months because I really like this game and Iā€™ve committed to it and will continue to.

this seems to be a sore topic when ever and where ever itā€™s brought up.

And I want to end this with a smiley šŸ˜ƒ as I donā€™t want it to come across being arsey
I would be happy if they just gave you the credits that your game package(s) provide you

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That ship sailed when they opted to 'melt' real money ship equipment purchases to UEC.
When did that happen?

When I bought my Voyager Direct junk I had to buy UEC to then buy the gear. I never had the option to buy the parts directly with RL cash it was always UEC.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
For the purposes of alpha testing I dont see any reason why people shouldn't get a lump of cash to get them started. It's all getting wiped anyway, so I dont really see why it would matter- let's more people try out the different weapons and ships which can only be a good thing.

Especially right now where some of the starter ships can barely break even on some of the missions once you factor in fuel costs, repairs, rearming etc

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
For the purposes of alpha testing I dont see any reason why people shouldn't get a lump of cash to get them started. It's all getting wiped anyway, so I dont really see why it would matter- let's more people try out the different weapons and ships which can only be a good thing.

Especially right now where some of the starter ships can barely break even on some of the missions once you factor in fuel costs, repairs, rearming etc
Totally agree... šŸ»

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla

Pretty much what I wanted to say but poorly executed by myself.
Bravo

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Thing is they're trying to test the economy too - you cant test an economy if you give everyone a Million to spend.

But yeh - you should get your package UEC added to your aUEC - I have no idea why they won't allow that it's like Ā£5 - Ā£10 worth to most people.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

They typically do for the PTU (as well as access to most of the ships), but for the PU they haven't so far. I do not know what their ration is at the moment given the quarterly wipes but I do know that typically you would want to monitor the player base and how fast they acquire wealth with each gameplay modification and tweek to mission payout. You don't want something like what happened with Eve at launch with the breaking of the economy when the player base found they could jet can mine and quickly jump up to battleships with in the first month.

Forgot your password?