Aurora Army

Do you think that "Aurora only" ops are a good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No!

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Gooooooood.... 24 Auroras strong!

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Well new characters get one for free. So even if you had a different ship to start with there will be a million on the market for cheap.
Really? I did not hear that. I thought people who purchase the game once it's released won't even have a ship.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
in my opinion a capsule is enough in the beginning. you get some random quests, earn some money and after some days you get your aurora.

but that would be bad for all the non-pledgers who get sniped. so yes, an aurora at launch is a must for every new player. it is bad enough that you have your aurora (as a new player/non-pledger) and next to you an idris warps in. it will feel like pay2win.

just sayin.

Reactions: BluChew

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
in my opinion a capsule is enough in the beginning. you get some random quests, earn some money and after some days you get your aurora.

but that would be bad for all the non-pledgers who get sniped. so yes, an aurora at launch is a must for every new player. it is bad enough that you have your aurora (as a new player/non-pledger) and next to you an idris warps in. it will feel like pay2win.

just sayin.
I have a feeling it's more like your already established "background" gives you access to special hangars where your ships are stored

kind of like how you joined Squadron 42 from a "wealthy background" with all those things already available to you before you joined...

so, right off the bat, after the campaign, and you hop into the PU, you have the option of procuring a "loaner ship" until you make enough money to get yourself an Aurora or a Mustang (as they're both "Starter Ship"s) OR any of the backers, the ability to fly to their own hangar and pick up their ship(s) and continue on from there...

don't think you'll be seeing an entire fleet of Constellation, Freelancer, Caterpillar, Retaliator, Idriss, etc warping out of nowhere to greet you

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
Yes in several videos CR has stated that both the Aurora and the Mustang will be the "starter" ships you will have to purchase them either with money earned in SQ42 or you will be able to obtain some form of a loan to get a ship. The game is entirely focused on having a ship they will provide you ways to get ships at least in the beginning. They have hinted should you get into the game and wind up down on your luck you could put in to work for other players as crew on their ship. But they will provide an opportunity when you first start to get a ship.

Reactions: BluChew
Forgot your password?