Aurora MR Shield Upgrade?

MiLe69

Lieutenant
Aug 23, 2016
RSI Handle
MiLe69
Hi,

ok...here's my first question. At first...I'm a newbie :-)

I have an Aurora MR and I was wondering if and how do I upgrade my shields and or weapons.

I search the forum, the RSI Website, but can't find anything helpfull.

Does anyone have a good tip for me?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
MiLe...!

Reactions: Blind Owl

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Hi Mile!

Your best bet is to have a look around on the RSI Voyager direct store - you can also have a look at electronic access to make sure you're getting the right kit before you spend real monies on them. Both of these are gonna be useful in finding your optimal setup while still in alpha access, so loosing a ship to a bad load out isn't gonna actually cost you anything :) For now I'd recommend just using the Electronic access side of things - Essentially renting out kit - then once you find a set you like, think about getting it in voyager direct - Don't forget everything is earnable in game once it's released, so you don't HAVE to buy anything :D

hope I've helped with my wall of text!

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Hi,

ok...here's my first question. At first...I'm a newbie :)

I have an Aurora MR and I was wondering if and how do I upgrade my shields and or weapons.
And just FYI, components (shields, etc) cannot be upgraded at present. I believe that you can buy it, but it won't be of any use.

...so just guns and missiles and mounts at present.

Per Fluffy's post:
Currency: REC
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/electronic-access to rent stuff. Those prices are for one week's rental (only days that you log in are counted)

Currency: UEC
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct if you end up wanting to buy it permanently

Last edited:

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
One thing I can recommend is to upgrade to a better ship. If you want to keep the Aurora, which you should IMO, then try upgrading to the LN. It has better shields and engines, plus it has two extra guns (size 2) and a quad rack missile launcher as standard. The MR --> LN upgrade is only 10 USD so it won't break the bank.

Forgot your password?