Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I think they mentioned one of the Verse shows or someone here mentioned the possibility of adding armor to ships in PU. I'm guessing at the loss of speed. I do agree these ships at the moment are pretty weak especially on manual landing or nicking a race gate. The future is going to be exciting, for now I'll go with what's fun to fly and can take out a reasonable amount of Vanduul.

On side note, for you guys with LTI it would be nice to at least downgrade in the same hull if you wanted and get the rest as credit or a CCU token if you want to go back in certain amount of time.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Having seen the redeemer gunship in hangar, I'd be inclined to disagree; while the cutlass doesn't slot in perfectly in the fighter role, it's definitely not in the same weight class as the redeemer. And while it *is* bigger, it's not *massively* bigger than the larger fighters. For example, look at the vanguard, which is a fighter, and actually larger than the cutlass, IIRC. If anything, the ship is a better fit for a mercantile or patrol ship category, but I'm ok with it being classed as a fighter.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Having seen the redeemer gunship in hangar, I'd be inclined to disagree; while the cutlass doesn't slot in perfectly in the fighter role, it's definitely not in the same weight class as the redeemer. And while it *is* bigger, it's not *massively* bigger than the larger fighters. For example, look at the vanguard, which is a fighter, and actually larger than the cutlass, IIRC. If anything, the ship is a better fit for a mercantile or patrol ship category, but I'm ok with it being classed as a fighter.
Classifying it as a fighter is like classifying an Apache helicopter as a fighter; yeah, it's incredibly well-armed, it's maneuverable, and it's pretty fast, but it is entirely different from an F-22.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I rented one this week and I can fly it fer shite. Wallows around like a sloppy sow in my hands. It's VERY possible that's just in my hands, however. I've only been flying in SC like 2 weeks, mostly in my 315p. I'm also certainly at a disadvantage with the Cutlass as it seems set up for the gimbeled weapon and I fly a stick, so locked to my nose with slow tuning and sweeping through and past my turns with thrusters means I can't hit a barn unless it's full daylight and I'm 3 feet away.
Something tells me you're going to hit that barn with more than the turret weapon, but that's all in true TEST tradition so it's all good.

Personally I am not likely to be doing much "peacekeeping" in my Cutlass Blue. Between the gimballed lasers and the missile racks, as well as significant cargo space as compared to a dogfighting ship, I think there are a lot more possible roles available.

As for it being a fighter, well, any ship can be used to fight. But will it be able to flip a 180 on any axis and blast away at its opponent while boosting againnt inertia to change direction? I think something more along the lines of a wide turn like Max described, keeping speed up rather than working down to zero then back up in the opposite direction like you can do in a much lighter ship.

Forgot your password?